Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Maxine fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/maxine-fabric-t212939.html)

Beebee 02-04-2013 04:04 AM

Maxine fabric

I have a wonderful 95 year "young" friend who would get a kick out of a lap quilt using the Maxine panel.
Could you all give me suggestions on a layout? I want to do more than just cut the blocks and sew them back together. Thanks in advance....

jodimarie 02-04-2013 04:19 AM

I did a Maxine quilt for me. Used the shadow box method....I think that is what it is called. Fussy cut the little Maxine boxes.....they are all different sizes!!! and then frame them about half way on 2 sides with a dark ( shadow ) fabric and finish the frame with the background fabric. Then add another border of the background fabric....bigger than you think, because you need to trim the finished blocks to the same size ( remember, the orgional fussy cuts are different sizes! ) Or you could just use the orgional fussy cut pieces and just add strips around to make them bigger blocks....kind of like a log cabin but without the dark/light visual. Whatever you deciede, you have to make those little fussy cut Maxines bigger!!!! In my quilt, I made some of the blocks ( 12 inches finished ) with Maxine centered, some with her in the upper or lower corners....made for a visual treat for the eyes, rather than just Maxine centered in all the blocks. LOVE Maxine and Floyd, the dog, too!!!!

gramajo 02-04-2013 07:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are two quilts I made for Christmas gifts using Maxine panels. One quilt used two panels--front and back. I just winged it for the layouts--basically just sashed around each of the Maxine blocks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]393054[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393055[/ATTACH]
Darn--I can only get 2 to load.

wolph33 02-04-2013 07:14 AM

those are awesome

Florida Girl 02-04-2013 07:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made one for my Jewish friend, trying to use the colors of the Israel flag.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393057[/ATTACH]
Again, my first day posting and I can't seem to make the picture any better. This is an oversized lap quilt. Wow. It came out huge all by itself.

Sarint 02-04-2013 07:24 AM

Love Maxine

1 Attachment(s)
I discovered Maxine last year and used some left over fabric to make this lap quilt. This is a picture of my top before it was quilted. I used a plain white backing and put a gold binding on it.

Sally J 02-04-2013 07:34 AM

I made a Maxine quilt. What I did was cut out the individual blocks, bordered them with fabric to match the individual block borders. I did the top and bottom borders different sizes so they were not in a row but set at a more random pattern. I thought it came out well but haven't figured out yet how to post a picture. (guess I should read the directions again).

mighty 02-04-2013 08:43 AM

All our quilts are great! Gotta love Maxine!!!