Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Moda layer cakes: NOT 10" & NOT square! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/moda-layer-cakes-not-10-not-square-t203640.html)

Deborahlees 10-24-2012 09:07 AM

First of all great customer service, i hope you provide them with a mailing address and get a new set of precuts....
I do save my receipts on anything 'big' or 'mechanical'....what I do is scan the receipt into my computer and then save it in a special file.....after having to produce a couple receipts and spending far too much time in the search, this is what I came up with....Also things that have instruction books (like a sewing machine) I will tape the receipt in the back of the book, and any repair receipts I might acquire .....
Works for me....

RedGarnet222 10-24-2012 09:14 AM

I am so sorry this has happened to you. I staple my reciept to the instructions booklet or illustration page for easy access to it later. It has come in handy many times. I have a binder that I keep them all in, so that makes it even easier.

Peckish 10-24-2012 09:25 AM

I'm glad you've been "made whole" as they say. Nice to have my view that Moda is a quality company affirmed!

Normabeth, I'm sorry you've had such trouble with your Accuquilt die! I had a problem with my circle die, and contacted the company. Since it was a gift, I did not have a receipt. Accuquilt simply wanted to know where the die was purchased. The gift-giver gave me the information, which I then passed on to Accuquilt, I sent the bad die back and they replaced it with a brand-new die. I am very happy with Accuquilt's customer service.

batikmystique 10-24-2012 09:26 AM

Moda is a great company and this is just proof of their outstanding customer service. So glad to get the fabric care suggestions from them. Enjoy you free layer cake! :-)

Debbie C 10-27-2012 09:00 AM

I'm love to hear what Moda has to say about this - it's not like they're Walmart prices!! 90% of my fabrics come from amazing finds at estate sales - I almost never buy fabrics from the stores.

katkat1946 11-21-2012 07:20 AM

Final update on Moda Layer Cake issue

Hi, All,

Just to briefly catch you up, I had shared the issue I had with a Moda Layer Cake not having been 10" but also not having been square either! I'm not sure at this point but I think I had to cut them down to 9" or a bit less to get them square. I wrote to them about all of this including that I suspected I had prewashed them which I do with all of my fabrics. If I had I was confident that they were placed in a mesh bag and the wash cycle was set to delicate. Anyway, I got a very gracious letter back stating in part that they would contact the mills where the cutting is done and also that prewashing precuts is not suggested. Although I told them in my letter that ALL I was looking for was a personal response, they offered to send me another layer cake. Well, I'm not crazy enough to turn that down:) So a Metropolitan Fair layer cake arrived yesterday! I have always loved Moda fabrics - the colors, the patterns etc but this had shaken my confidence in pre-cuts. So kudos and thanks to Moda/United Notions for standing behind their products!!

DebbE 11-21-2012 07:22 AM

That's good to hear -- so many companies these days don't stand behind their products. I'm so glad that Moda does and will keep that in mind when I'm purchasing fabric.

Tothill 11-21-2012 07:23 AM

Thank you for the update.

Lori S 11-21-2012 07:25 AM

Much appreciate the update. Like you I am cautious about precuts. Sorry you had to go through this.