Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Mosiac Scrappy Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mosiac-scrappy-quilt-t135980.html)

clsurz 07-07-2011 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone ever created such a creature?

I don't mean mosiac block quilts as you find when you do a search for it........ but an actual mosiac such as you see in windows, tiles, etc. which look stone like?

I have in mind to create such a thing or at least a fairly large size block to use as a center focus and perhaps use batiks and solid colors for the rest of it.

deelost 07-07-2011 09:26 PM

Try Bella Bella Quilts inspired by Italian mosaics. Book of quilt piecing and designs

blueangel 07-08-2011 02:42 AM

Don't think I could tackle that.

SueDor 07-08-2011 04:06 AM

Wow!!!!

mom-6 07-08-2011 04:40 AM

Why not just create your own. You have what I assume is a picture of what you want it to look like. Just use that as your pattern and go from there. It will be beautiful.

susie-susie-susie 07-08-2011 05:52 AM

That will be beautiful. I take my hat off to you if you tackle that. It looks easy, but I don't think it is so easy. Good luck if you decide to tackle the project.
Sue

Glassquilt 07-08-2011 06:21 AM

I've done it with glass.

clsurz 07-08-2011 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6
Why not just create your own. You have what I assume is a picture of what you want it to look like. Just use that as your pattern and go from there. It will be beautiful.

I plan to create my own. This picture was just an idea of what I was talking about.

I've already cut a bunch of pebbles looking like fabric from left over batik I had use in some applique projects so in the next week I hope to find a dark background piece of fabric to start putting them on in random order and than stitching in between each pebble.

This isn't a project that will be done any day soon. It will take quite a while to do so.

I will be experimenting with different color threads.

I just thought of something..........why not create it with needle felting...........I have a needle felting machine and I certainly have a ton of loose threads I've been picking up off my floor when sewing along with roving wool. Hmphm! This may be the way to go instead. :wink:

ube quilting 07-08-2011 09:12 AM

Deelost has the right place to look. A wonderful book. I don't know about if the author is online though. Probably!
peace :D

The book of course is just for inspiration and technique. Not to copy. Original ideas need raising and develope with the help of others' ideas!

texpat45 07-08-2011 09:30 AM

Funny you should mention this...I have an idea percolating for a similar project. I saw a book on Amazon called "Tile Quilt Revival". Apparently this isn't a new idea! Methods used were needleturn applique and/or fusibles on to a backing fabric that makes the grout lines.

Google tile quilts and you get some great images. A mosaic of 1 in squares/shapes would be gorgeous! Go for it!