Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Accuquilt Die storage solution.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-accuquilt-die-storage-solution-t118149.html)

emsgranny 04-23-2011 12:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I found my own solution at Salavation Army for storing dies for my accuquilt GO. The storage racks were only a dollar!!! I think they work just as well as the other racks they actually sell for them. What do you think? cheryl :D

ScubaK 04-23-2011 12:55 AM

Well, I think you found a great solution and you even keep them in the original wrapper with the paper info sleeve.
Not me! I hated my rack that I had to buy (it cam with a package) and all my dies are tucked nicely next to my cutter.
I am wanting to sell it cheap!
K

carolaug 04-23-2011 02:10 AM

I bought one at Staples which works well but hard to find a place to store it...I use the Art bins for my studio dies and will buy more for my Go dies. They are 8.00 when they go on sale. i already own a bunch...hate spending that much but they are wonderful! love how they stand up and also have a handle. The dies should not be stacked on top of each other or lay flat.

char7439 04-23-2011 03:18 AM

I MADE PADDED BAGS FOR MY STRIP CUTTERS.I SEWED STRIPS ON EACH BAG FROM THE DIE CUTTER THAT IS INSIDE IT. THEN PUT HANDLE ON THE TOP AND STORE THEM ON END BETWEEN 2 SHELVES. THE SMALLER ONES I KEEP IN MY TOTE BAG. I HAVE ALSO MADE QUILTED BAGS FOR THEM. WORKS GREAT. I TOOK MINE TO RETREAT.

Ruby the Quilter 04-23-2011 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I bought one at Staples which works well but hard to find a place to store it...I use the Art bins for my studio dies and will buy more for my Go dies. They are 8.00 when they go on sale. i already own a bunch...hate spending that much but they are wonderful! love how they stand up and also have a handle. The dies should not be stacked on top of each other or lay flat.

I didn't know the dies weren't supposed to be stacked on top of each other or stored flat. do you know why?

carolaug 04-23-2011 11:17 AM

The blades will get dull.

Originally Posted by Ruby the Quilter

I didn't know the dies weren't supposed to be stacked on top of each other or stored flat. do you know why?

Melrose R 04-23-2011 11:36 AM

Looks like a winner to me!

emsgranny 04-24-2011 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ruby the Quilter

I didnt know this either!!! I will have to find a different way to store my strips then. If you stand them upright can they be touching each other or not? Just curious....I found my cabinet at Salvation Army years ago for 5.00. Had some of the grandkids toys in it but decided to move them lol Still had to keep tv in my sewing room though since it cant watch SpongeBob and Bob the builder all day when I have the kids!!!

Thanks for that information!!! cheryl :thumbup: :-D

carolaug 04-24-2011 05:51 AM

They should fine touching in the upward postion next to each other since there is no pressure on it. Just don't put them on top of each other. So a wide bookcase would also work. I love using the art bins. Easy to store in my closet since they are nice and narrow,

BellaBoo 04-24-2011 08:29 AM

Common sense will tell you not to stack a lot of dies on top of the other as the weight will mash the foam and the die blade will be holding the weight. I can see where someone would stack the dies knee deep and the complain the dies are not cutting accurately or misshaped. I store my dies flat, foam side up and stacked no more then three for the small ones and only two for the heavier ones. I put a cutting mat in between the dies that are stacked together. If the stacking flat causes a problem I will buy an other die but so far no problems at all. I have the rack for the dies and it works better then any rack I've found. It's shaped just right for the dies and doesn't tip over. I have too many dies to use the table racks to store all of them. I put the dies I'm using the most at the time in the rack.