Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Black Friday packages are arriving. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-black-friday-packages-arriving-t207161.html)

BellaBoo 11-28-2012 11:16 AM

My Black Friday packages are arriving.

I ordered many different quilt goodies from all over and it's exciting to see what comes in the mail everyday. The biggest box so far has been from Connecting Threads. I forgot I ordered coffee and was semi disappointed when I opened that box today. LOL Anyone else waiting on great bargain packages to come?

DebraK 11-28-2012 11:51 AM

nope. I only made one purchase from Fabric.com, and even then, I had abandoned my cart. They sent me an email a day or two later offering me an additional 15% off the great deals I already had in the cart. How could I refuse that?

I did pump some money into the LQS on Small Business Saturday, so there was some immediate satisfaction there ;-)

owlvamp 11-28-2012 11:54 AM

Nope however I did go to Joann's with my daughters and sister. We got a few goodies.

josykatz 11-28-2012 12:08 PM

I'm very new to quilting and sewing. I've been borrowing my mothers sewing machine to work on which is nice but I really wanted one of my own. During the Black Friday specials Amazon was selling the "SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Model Sewing Machine With Metal Interior Frame and Stainless Steel Bed plate" for $99 there was only few left and the sale was ending in 15 min so my husband bought it for me.

It has a top loading bobbin, 3 needle positions, drop down feed dogs, automatic needle threader and sews 1,100-stitches-per-minute. I kind of wished I had read the reviews before we bought it, but it was in the fever of black Friday madness and fear on missing a good sale.

I'm having trouble getting it to work properly and my free motion stitches are really bad. The first time I dropped the feed-dogs they stayed dropped and I had to take apart the bed plate to reach inside to push them back up so they would engage. It has stitch length, stitch width, and stitch tension dials. I've tried all variations of each. I've read that either it is fantastic or a dud. Apparently Singer no longer makes their machines in the US they have them made in China.

I'm really bummed and hope I can get it fixed or working properly. Being such a new sewer I'm not sure if it is me or the machine, but I was doing well on my Mothers machine.
[h=1][/h]

BellaBoo 11-28-2012 12:13 PM

You shouldn't have any trouble returning it to Amazon. But I would take it to a repairman if one is close by to see if it is minor adjustments needed or not worth the trouble.

annthreecats 11-28-2012 12:32 PM

I received my chiffon and batting today that I ordered from Fabric.com on Black Friday. I think the chiffon was half price and the twin size Quilter's Dream cotton batts were $9.99 each. Unfortunately, that's the only stuff I could buy. I ran out of money. :(

BellaBoo 11-28-2012 12:47 PM

Everything I bought was 50% to 75% off. I don't bother with sales that are less then 50% off for quilting supplies.

Charming 11-28-2012 01:08 PM

Heck ya. It has been looking a lot like Christmas lately for me :D whenever the doorbell rings I jump because I know it is USPS or ups. The biggest was two orders from fatquartershop their Black Friday sale was amazing and I just couldn't resist....went overboard even. Today I got 44 moda charm packs that I bought from yahoo groups and ahhhhhh they look sooooo nice.

Lori S 11-28-2012 01:12 PM

I got one package yesterday and a rather large one today from Quilt in a Day.. such a thrill to open them! Still have one more coming !

Jingle 11-28-2012 01:14 PM

I didn't buy anything, I don't need anything. I have tons of fabrics I am trying to make into quilts.