Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is my DH great or what? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-dh-great-what-t197806.html)

GagaSmith 08-16-2012 06:19 PM

Is my DH great or what?

Dh just came into the room with a pair of sissors in his hand and said, "can I cut paper with these." I think I'll keep him (I've already kept him for 42 years this month so that's a given)

auntpiggylpn 08-16-2012 06:27 PM

You have trained him well!!! I don't have that problem because everyone knows that no scissors in my sewing room are to be used by them for any reason, no matter what! Even if the house gets broken into and they get tied up. They are to wait until I get home! (Now, there has been some talk of using my rotary cutter to slice up a pizza. . ..)

Wine Woman 08-16-2012 06:29 PM

At least he asked! What a guy!

erstan947 08-16-2012 06:35 PM

I have to hide mine:(

GailG 08-16-2012 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by GagaSmith (Post 5445574)
Dh just came into the room with a pair of sissors in his hand and said, "can I cut paper with these." I think I'll keep him (I've already kept him for 42 years this month so that's a given)

You've done a great job with him.:thumbup: Reminds me of my DH, but it's with my cakes. He always asks "Is this to eat?" And we've been married 50 years TODAY!! He's a keeper.

NikkiLu 08-16-2012 07:21 PM

WOW - I am really impressed! I have a hammer/screwdriver in my silverware drawer and have had it for about 40 years and EVERYBODY in my family knows that they can use it but they have to put it back. It is one of those little hammers - pretty gold - that the bottom unscrews and there is a set of screwdrivers the keep unscrewing till it becomes a very little, itty bitty screwdriver. I bought it years ago when I worked in the office of a John Deere dealer. A very little man came into the shop and was selling these across the country to help finance his trip. I paid $2 for it and just about everybody in the shop bought at least one. His cousin was driving him. He had no arms - but little hands coming out of his shoulders and he had no legs - but feet sticking out of his hips. He was able to walk and talk. I will never forget that man.

BellaBoo 08-16-2012 07:24 PM

DH always wanted my good scissors to use, said they cut like scissors should so why should he use the scissors that weren't good so I bought good scissors for household use. We have Ginghers in the kitchen, desk and in his shop. They have stayed sharp for years cutting everything. He or the kids never bothered the scissors in my sewing room as they had the same to use.

justflyingin 08-16-2012 09:18 PM

He's a keeper!

Merivale 08-16-2012 11:29 PM

Makes sense to me! You wouldn't use his tools without checking it was the correct tool for the job.

burchquilts 08-17-2012 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5445594)
You have trained him well!!! I don't have that problem because everyone knows that no scissors in my sewing room are to be used by them for any reason, no matter what! Even if the house gets broken into and they get tied up. They are to wait until I get home! (Now, there has been some talk of using my rotary cutter to slice up a pizza. . ..)

Same here! Use Mom's scissors under penalty of death... or her yelling... or something not fun!!!