Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My first Table topper (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-first-table-topper-t190466.html)

babyboomerquilter 06-03-2012 08:21 AM

Your runner is really nice!I would use an interfacing, then it would not be bulky.

GwenH 06-03-2012 08:35 AM

Beautiful job!! I use thin batting... some people call it theremore, but the proper name is probably Pellon, it is nice and thin and great for runners and placemats too.

j-mae 06-03-2012 02:53 PM

Beautiful table runner! As most are suggesting here, a light batting is just right and your candle sticks will sit proud and tall on your piece of art work! Might I suggest you back it with maybe some winter fabric? You can either make it one solid piece of fabric, or make the same runner for the reverse side. Then when the holidays are over you just flip it over and there you have snow men or snow flakes for the winter! I do that to every one of my table runners. I make them do double duty. My Halloween doubles for Halloween and Thanksgiving. My Christmas doubles as Christmas and Winter, my Valentines doubles with St Patricks, Easter & Spring, Memorial Day & 4th of July, and Memorial day can still be used for Labor Day or one can start the Autumn one then. Just passing along my ideas as to how I do it. Oh, one more thing, with the scraps of parts that are cut but still stitched together, use them as your seasonal coasters! Many many comments from your guests as to how cleaver you are! Happy stitching! Judi

patsynel 06-03-2012 05:59 PM

I use Pellon fleece and have been very pleased with the results. Your tablerunner is gorgeous.

sew1 06-03-2012 08:51 PM

Love your table topper. Lovely colors. I would just back with cotton fabric as I don't set hot stuff of mine. Mine are just for show. Also don't heavily quilt mine.

nstitches4u 06-04-2012 01:40 PM

Beautiful!

linmid 06-08-2012 04:36 AM

Where can I find your tute for this tablerunner? I love it.

Honey58 06-17-2012 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by j-mae (Post 5263171)
Beautiful table runner! As most are suggesting here, a light batting is just right and your candle sticks will sit proud and tall on your piece of art work! Might I suggest you back it with maybe some winter fabric? You can either make it one solid piece of fabric, or make the same runner for the reverse side. Then when the holidays are over you just flip it over and there you have snow men or snow flakes for the winter! I do that to every one of my table runners. I make them do double duty. My Halloween doubles for Halloween and Thanksgiving. My Christmas doubles as Christmas and Winter, my Valentines doubles with St Patricks, Easter & Spring, Memorial Day & 4th of July, and Memorial day can still be used for Labor Day or one can start the Autumn one then. Just passing along my ideas as to how I do it. Oh, one more thing, with the scraps of parts that are cut but still stitched together, use them as your seasonal coasters! Many many comments from your guests as to how cleaver you are! Happy stitching! Judi

That is really a GOOD idea.. had not thought of it ..Thanks.

Honey58 06-17-2012 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by linmid (Post 5273449)
Where can I find your tute for this tablerunner? I love it.

It is in the tutorials ...shows up as number 4....... Simple FG French braid i think