Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   my ideas change from day to day, blame pinterest! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-ideas-change-day-day-blame-pinterest-t193026.html)

DawnA 06-28-2012 09:40 AM

my ideas change from day to day, blame pinterest!

I know for a fact I am making my soon to be graddaughter a baby quilt. I also know it will be a rag quilt. What I change my mind on daily is the design. It is my first quilt ever. So I thought lets keep it simple. Three patterns in a simple block format. Then I saw this super cute stairstep rag quilt! Oh, I dont know if I can not make that. lol What do you think? Should I take the deep plunge right off or go simple?

SouthPStitches 06-28-2012 09:48 AM

Sometimes your original plan might be the best. I know what you are saying though. Lately, my quilt plans are as changeable as a baby's back side.

Donnamarie 06-28-2012 11:18 AM

There are so many simple quilt blocks you can make. Rail fence, very easy. I don't want to burst your bubble about rag quilts but they don't suggest you make rag quilts for babies. There are many, many strings which come from the edges and a baby could choak on them. Sorry, but if it was for one of my grandchildren I would want to know that it could present a danger.

DawnA 06-28-2012 12:45 PM

hmm, I never realized they could be a danger. Makes sense, although there are tons of etsy baby rag quilts. In that case maybe I will go with a stairstep design with a smooth flannel backing.

katsewnsew 06-28-2012 01:27 PM

Pinterest is great! I get lots of ideas and inspiration from it. Something like what this Quiltboard does to me!!!
Have fun making the quilt, I would say go simple since it is your first quilt. Congrats on the baby and Enjoy! kat

BellaBoo 06-28-2012 02:00 PM

I love browsing Pinterest. I'm glad we have so many options! Just about all the fabric manufacturers and big quilt shops and blogs worth reading are on Pinterest with lots great info, patterns, and pictures.

burchquilts 06-28-2012 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by katsewnsew (Post 5324046)
Pinterest is great! I get lots of ideas and inspiration from it. Something like what this Quiltboard does to me!!!
Have fun making the quilt, I would say go simple since it is your first quilt. Congrats on the baby and Enjoy! kat

I'm afraid to look at Pintrest. Why? I'm addicted enough to this board... all I need is another site to get hooked on... LOL! I would never get ANY sewing (or anything else) done!!!

Handcraftsbyjen 06-28-2012 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5324346)
I'm afraid to look at Pintrest. Why? I'm addicted enough to this board... all I need is another site to get hooked on... LOL! I would never get ANY sewing (or anything else) done!!!

I second that! I don't need more ideas...I already have too many ideas and not enough time to finish, let alone begin, the projects. Hehe