Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Janome is possessed!!!! It sews on it's own. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-janome-possessed-sews-its-own-t23279.html)

Maribeth 07-26-2009 12:18 PM

I had the same thing happen with both my Bernina and my Babylock. So I thought the cabinet was possessed. :D However, it turns out the pedals was slipping under the back of the cabinet and getting stuck there in the ON position. Now I have an old mousepad under the pedal so it won't slide and they stop when I take my foot off of the pedal.

kacie 07-26-2009 12:19 PM

My Janome did the same thing after only a year or so. My dealer replaced the foot control at no cost to me and there hasn't been a problem since. I suggest you ask your dealer for the same consideration. If he won't do it, go to Janome directly.

kwhite 07-26-2009 12:45 PM

Good idea Kacie. I did take the foot pedal apart and there is a bar inside there and it seemed sticky. I oiled it and worked it back and forth until it moved freely. So far it hasn't done it today.

When it happened last night it was way late and it did scare the bejabbers out of me. I tend to watch supernatural things when i am in the sewing room. LOL it makes me laugh to think of you all envisioning my machine just stitching all by itself. ROFL. It wouldn't be so bad if it were talented, but it is obviously a beginner so it needs to start it's own projects.

nursie76 07-26-2009 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
It wouldn't be so bad if it were talented, but it is obviously a beginner so it needs to start it's own projects.

ROTFL! When I am at the sewing machine late at night, it seems that the only thing on is the spooky shows so I can just imagine what it must have been like for it to take off on its own. Thanks for the laugh! :D

Skeat 07-26-2009 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Here lately my Janome 6600 will go a bit nuts while I am sewing. I have steady pressure on the foot control and it will sew fine then it will bog down and go slow then it will ZOOM and race for a few stitches. Last night I took my foot off the peddle all together and it kept sewing for stitch after stitch. So I put up the presser foot and it complained beeping for me to put it down so it could keep sewing. It is like it is getting the signal to sew but no one is sending the signal. Have any of you had a problem like this??

Yes...I have had that all the time and finally fixed it...mine was the foot control sliding ever so slightly under a bar that is under my table. Even though first glance it looked fine. I took a piece of 2x4 and put it sideways and now the contol bumps into it and all is fine:)Best part of Janome for me is that the thread never tangles up when it's user (me!) has to figure stuff out like this:)Hope that is all for you too! I tried non skid everything...nothing worked...I have a slick concrete floor...the board...free and cheap...works! Skeat who bets if you got down on your hands and knees, you would see it is sneaking under something:)

kwhite 07-26-2009 02:10 PM

LOL mine is a possession and that one was a ghost. How funny. Thanks

Shemjo 07-26-2009 02:17 PM

I have a Janome, and now I will watch it carefully. I have had the foot pedal sneak under a bar in the cabinet, and it kept stitching. :? But I have it anchored so that doesn't happen now.

jacquemoe 07-26-2009 02:22 PM

Oh no!!!!!! I have a Jonome 6600. Is mine going to become possessed too? If you turn it off and restart it do you still get the beeping? If not, try sewing w/o the peddle. You have the knee and push button, don't you. If it still does with either of those, you know it's not the foot peddle. You might just need to have it serviced. DARN. I hate it when that happens.

cutebuns 07-26-2009 02:24 PM

Hey, I would want it to keep being possesed, just leave a pile of pieces beside it, you never know, it just might get in a creative mood for you!

(don't forget to leave a picture of what the block is supposed to look like!)

Boston1954 07-26-2009 03:05 PM

Could be the ghost of a quilter passed.