Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Latest Find....Singer 327 in a cabinet-1964 Model. Anyone else have one of these? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-latest-find-singer-327-cabinet-1964-model-anyone-else-have-one-these-t177338.html)

AngieS 01-28-2012 08:29 PM

My Latest Find....Singer 327 in a cabinet-1964 Model. Anyone else have one of these?

I wasn't feeling well today, kicked back in the recliner. I got a call from a friend that knew I liked/wanted Singer sewing machines. So.....I told her I really didn't feel well but I appreciated her calling me. I got off the phone and kept thinking about it. I text my Mom....then said....Ahhhh! I can't take it anymore-I have to go see it. When I was on my way my Mom text me back and said my Dad was on his way there too! LOL!!! So, for me to stay with the machine. ;) It runs beautifully-nice, quiet and awesome stitches. Does anyone else have one of these? Cabinet looks nice too. I looked it up and it's a 1964 model. (note: I did call the friend back and Thank her and let her know that I just had to go and look at it and got it) ;)

pastimesquiltdesign 01-28-2012 09:58 PM

How fun and exciting. I hope you are feeling better. At least the machine purchase probably cheered you up. Peggy

AngieS 01-29-2012 11:26 AM

I didn't realize that I didn't post the picture! LOL! DUH!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the picture. Sorry for not sharing. I thought I did.

Candace 01-29-2012 11:34 AM

The 327 has a reputation for being noisy, clunky and not one of the most desirable vintage Singers. Just being honest, I don't own one, but that's what vintage owners say. They were built as a low end, Singer machine that only did straight stitch and zig zag at the time when other Singer machines had much more capabilities with cams. It's a cute machine regardless. I love the color.

AngieS 01-30-2012 06:13 AM

Really? Hummm, I like it. I'm an oddity anyway I suppose. :) I'm adding it to my Featherweight 221, My Singer 99K, Singer 128, 1946 Kenmore and a couple others. It's different than what I have is why I liked it. :) Thanks for letting me know though. I appreciate the comment.

ksdot417 01-30-2012 06:16 AM

Don't have one that model but it looks like it's in great shape. Have fun with it.

wuv2quilt 01-30-2012 06:27 AM

I for one think she's a sexy little beastie! What's not to love about a nice straight stitch??? Congrats on your cool find :thumbup:

KatFish 01-30-2012 10:22 AM

Great find. Love the color. Get well soon so that you can play with your new toy.

AngieS 01-31-2012 07:26 AM

Thanks. :) I think she quite pretty. ;) Not sure what to name her. Ethel-is my Featherweight, my 46' Kenmore is-Aunt Gwen, 1940's Singer is-Pretty, 1957 Singer 99K-Baby. (My Mom suggested Ol Blue)

miriam 01-29-2013 04:42 PM

Lately quite a few people have been wanting a machine that just only does straight stitch and zig zag - if it runs quiet for you and sews through the layers you feed in it I think you should be proud. I just bought a pretty green one. I haven't tried it yet to see if it is quiet or a banger. My guess is it will be reasonably quiet.