Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Pfaff has been in shop 2 months (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-pfaff-has-been-shop-2-months-t163249.html)

sewbelle52 10-25-2011 05:45 PM

What should I do? My 4-yr.-old Pfaff 2170 quit on August 22nd and they keep trying to fix it but to no avail so far. The shop is a registered/licensed Pfaff dealer and repair shop. Technichian has tried replacing parts and mother board but still doesn't work. They are shipping it to Pfaff tomorrow. Are talking of me trading for an upgrade but I'm not going for that! Anyone have problems with this machine or do I have a lemon? Have not used it excessively.

CoyoteQuilts 10-25-2011 05:49 PM

Sounds like a lemon, but if it is going back to the factory they will probably find out the problem.

craftybear 10-25-2011 05:52 PM

that is terrible will they give you a loaner sewing machine while yours is being repaired?

Originally Posted by sewbelle52
What should I do? My 4-yr.-old Pfaff 2170 quit on August 22nd and they keep trying to fix it but to no avail so far. The shop is a registered/licensed Pfaff dealer and repair shop. Technichian has tried replacing parts and mother board but still doesn't work. They are shipping it to Pfaff tomorrow. Are talking of me trading for an upgrade but I'm not going for that! Anyone have problems with this machine or do I have a lemon? Have not used it excessively.

QuiltnNan 10-25-2011 05:58 PM

the factory may find that it is a lemon and might trade a reconditioned one for it. keeping fingers crossed

medots 10-25-2011 05:59 PM

they should give you a loner,

sewgull 10-25-2011 06:00 PM

Don't be talked into upgrading until you have name for problem. What seems to be the problem with your 2170?
I have 2140 and 7570.

AliKat 10-25-2011 06:10 PM

That would be when I would be thinking "bad words, bad words" because I don't seem to remember what bad words are anymore.

If you bought the machine from that store I would definitely press for a loaner.

ali

Carron 10-25-2011 06:40 PM

Mine was in the shop for two months because they were having problems getting the parts. But now it works like a charm.

scowlkat 10-25-2011 06:47 PM

No way would I upgrade until they resolve the issue you have now! In fact, they should have already offered to replace the machine IMHO! If my dealer took that long, I would ditch them! But I am spoiled. Have been doing business with the same dealer since 1974 and never had any problems! They are wonderful. I drive 150 miles each way to see them!

sewbelle52 10-26-2011 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
No way would I upgrade until they resolve the issue you have now! In fact, they should have already offered to replace the machine IMHO! If my dealer took that long, I would ditch them! But I am spoiled. Have been doing business with the same dealer since 1974 and never had any problems! They are wonderful. I drive 150 miles each way to see them!

Where do you go? I live in western KY. Maybe your shop is in between us!!