Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Sapphire (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-sapphire-t202027.html)

mommessy 10-01-2012 09:25 AM

My Sapphire

Just wanted to say how much I LOVE my Sapphire 870! Had issues a little when I first got it six months ago. Most of the issues were caused by me. Had to take it in the shop for a feed dog problem that I caused, and ever since I've had it back I am falling more and more in love. The stitches are beautiful and I don't know how I ever lived without the automatic presser foot that lifts automatically and the thread cutter! What nice features to have! I would recommend this machine to anyone! Now my only problem is I don't know whether or not to sell my Lily or just keep it. I know, I know. Such problems!

wanda lou 10-01-2012 09:56 AM

Oh my I have a Lily and I have been thinking about buying the sapphire870.

Dina 10-01-2012 11:18 AM

It is great to be totally happy with a purchase!! I am really happy for you!

Dina

romanojg 10-01-2012 12:09 PM

I'm very happy for you. I've had my Viking Ruby for a yr now and the only frustrations that I've had when I first got it and was learning how to embroidery. Once I figured out what I was doing wrong it was a piece of cake. Now I"m learning the software and it makes life so much easier. The basic software that comes with the machine allows me to put in all of the thread that I own and when I'm doing a design I can tell it to only chose from those threads and not from where the design was made. That alone saves me so much time going thru my thread and making those choices. I just learned how to add trim commands so that I'm trimming as much in the end. It's so great when you are happy with your machine and it does what you want it to do. If the Lily is lighter weight you might want to keep it to carry to classes, etc or to have it as backup if your Sapphire is in the shop for tune up. I'm really happy for you.

DonnaR 10-01-2012 02:07 PM

I also have a Viking machine and I love the same features that you do. The auto foot is amazing and saves so much time and so does the thread cutter. Have fun with your new machine.

thimblebug6000 10-01-2012 04:48 PM

I have the Lily 540 which I use for retreats & sewing days with the guild. I have the Sapphire 870Q and have it serviced regularly. I like it alot, BUT I hate the way it winds bobbins. Do a search here on the forum for more discussions on this machine. It does have a learning curve, like how it takes an extra stitch forward before changing to the next command etc.

Rose Marie 10-02-2012 06:16 AM

Dont get rid of your other machine. You always need a backup machine.
Love my Sapphire also.

batikmystique 10-21-2012 06:45 PM

Glad you have a great machine with the things that make sewing and quilting even more enjoyable. I have the 875 and really like it a lot. Have gotten so spoiled to the automatic pressed foot and auto thread cutter. Can't tell you how much thread I've saved with that feature. The thread cutter does take that extra stitch but I've learned to adjust for that and it's not a big deal. Plan on many more years with this machine. :-)

slk350 10-21-2012 06:59 PM

Good info on the Sapphire. I've been looking at them and also the Topaz 30. They both have the larger area to the right of the needle which is something I want. Just have to figure if I want or need embroidery ???

huntannette 10-21-2012 07:04 PM

ohhhh i love mine too!!!!!