Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My very first online fabric purchase (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-very-first-online-fabric-purchase-t15742.html)

pittsburgpam 01-23-2009 11:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just made my first fabric purchase online at eBay. I saw this fabric and it just seemed to glow, I fell in love with it. I bought 1/2 yd each of 9 fabrics. That should certainly be enough to make a quilt from.

Now I just have to decide what pattern to use. I have a spare bedroom that I just finished decorating in black, white, and yellow. The fabric in blue and yellow might be a nice accent. I'd like to do a quilt in feminine looking pattern... if you know what I mean. Any suggestions?

I just love this fabric!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24224[/ATTACH]

My last decorating project. A blue and yellow quilt would look great.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67249[/ATTACH]

Skeat 01-24-2009 03:02 AM

Okay...here's my 2 cents:))I would do a quilt w/all those colors together!! They are great and great all together! I'd buy more fabric and go to a black or a beige or a black and beige toile for that room. If it were me, it would be a black toile combo w/a hint of red for your spare room...which btw is great! You did a great job in there! Your blues and yellows are really sharp looking and make something for all of it and put it out for all to see when they come to visit. Just MHO....Skeat

Skeat 01-24-2009 03:03 AM

PS...If you are absol. set on using that fabric for that room no matter what...I'd vote for the deepest blue on the left and farthest and lightest on the right...:))

tlrnhi 01-24-2009 03:08 AM

I am no help to you, but I LOVE that cat picture you have on the wall!

purplemem 01-24-2009 03:59 AM

I am so in love with those fabrics I went to ebay to buy them. Alas, my poor checkbook said "nope" so I'll just pine for them. :mrgreen:

I'd add black/white toile and do a turning twenty or a sassy 16. The femininity of the room speaks for itself. The quilt doesn't have to be fussy.

That's a great room, IMHO. I LOVE the cat pic too!

mary quite contrary 01-24-2009 04:13 AM

Love the fabric. Isn't online dangerous shopping? It is toooooo easy to push that button.

crispyquilts 01-24-2009 05:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh my what yummy fabric!!! and your room is beautiful. IMHO I think that the yellows and baby blues are too bright and would stick with the two end fabrics and/or the floral that is 3rd in from the right.

The first thing I thought of was a geometric design that would still have a feminine feel due to the fabric.....something like this....using just two fabrics. Of course you could do more scrapy.

But you know....an applique quilt using all the fabrics might work too LOL.

sandpat 01-24-2009 05:33 AM

Oooohhhh, very pretty fabrics! I love them all and I love them all together. I say...use whatever fabrics make you happy. They will look great in that room (wish it was my spare room) and I do LOVE that kitty on the wall!! Have fun and be sure to let us see this quilt developing and growing!!

Bevanger 01-24-2009 05:41 AM

oooooooo pretty

Knot Sew 01-24-2009 05:42 AM

Wonderful fabrics....the blues are great :D