Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   My Very Own Space (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/my-very-own-space-t28768.html)

mamabird3 11-15-2009 11:47 AM

I did it.. I moved my two little ones into the same room this week and last night fnished setting up my sewing room in the other room. Ahhhh.... feeels sooooo good!!! I'd show you a picture, but my camera is broken. Just know that this quilter is happy to have her sewing cabinet out of the kitchen! Just wanted to share.

Jim's Gem 11-15-2009 11:50 AM

Whoo hoo!!! We should be seeing lots of beautiful creations coming out of your new space.

I have my sewing room in the family room, I share it with the computer and a couch and fire place. I enjoy it when the family (if anyone's here) joins me in my room. It is so nice to not have to put everything away all the time!!!!

BellaBoo 11-15-2009 12:22 PM

Good for you! I booted the family from the den when I started quilting. I could see no reason we had a living room and a den and I had no sewing room. The den had a door that closed and the living room was open.

beachlady 11-15-2009 12:27 PM

I too got my very own sewing room when we moved. Not quite done putting the finishing touches on it, but it is all mine. Know how you feel. Congrats!

Lostn51 11-15-2009 12:35 PM

Congratulations on the sewing room even if you did have to throw the family out on their ear!

You sound like me before I converted my storage into my quilting studio. Before that I was working in my sunroom and I always had to be careful about where I put things and the lighting and so forth. Now you have everything you need within reach and not stored everywhere.

But on a second note I still have treadles all over my house and now running down my hallway.

I really need to hurry with the addition.......

Billy

Boston1954 11-15-2009 12:36 PM

Feels good doesn't it? I used to just have a closet. Now I have a whole room too. It is WONDERFUL. Have a great time in your new room.

amma 11-15-2009 12:37 PM

Congratulations!!! Woohoo!!! Your very own room :D :D :D

Teacup 11-15-2009 01:01 PM

Wow! That's great. I had to wait until they went to college to get my own room! Good for you for doing it sooner.

mamabird3 11-15-2009 01:09 PM

Paula your center is on my design wall. Place of honor in my new space. It is a small space but has already cleared up a lot of clutter that had invaded my home.

Now I need to get in the girls room and reorganize that mess. I did hug my 7 year old and thank her for letting Mommy have her own space. She was beaming!!! And of course they are welcome to come in and help Mommy anytime they want.

What they really want is a bunk bed!!! That is why they agreed. :lol:

Teacup 11-15-2009 01:21 PM

I'm honored to be the first on your design wall! I love what you did for my center.

Kids love bunk beds. My brothers got to have them...I was the only girl and always jealous.