Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Mystery quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/mystery-quilt-t591.html)

ceannastahr 02-13-2007 10:12 PM

They are beauitful quils I've never done a mystery quilt before sounds like a lot of fun would love to give it a try.

Becky 02-14-2007 02:18 AM

OOOO OOOOO LA LA LA LA. Very pretty, Very

Country Quilter 02-14-2007 02:29 AM

Gay...yes it does make for an intense day but after doing a few of these, I decided to go at my own pace....haste makes waste ya know! LOL I was using my seam ripper a bit too much... anyway, I usually just printed out the steps and eventually get them done... and it is fun to pick out fabrics for them also!

And the more I look at your picture the more I do think I need to make one of those! LOL I was sitting here imagining "this color and that color" this morning! :roll:

Knot Sew 02-14-2007 04:27 AM

You are wonderful quilters, I can't ever see myself getting that good. These are absolutely beautiful. You should enter quilt shows. Kudos galore......I'm in awe

GayKennedy 02-14-2007 05:23 AM

I think the next time I do a mystery quilt, I will do it that way too and go at my own pace.
Ruth, you can't see mine up close!! LOL I have some points that don't quite meet and I think it was because I was sewing so fast worrying about getting done before the next clue came out. Another reason to just get the clues and do it at my own pace.
Gay

zyxquilts 02-14-2007 12:14 PM

Terrific job Gay! I also did this one - but since I had to work on Saturday, I wasn't working quite as fast. I did set a timer for myself, just to see if I could do it though - was behind on the first couple of clues, but picked up time at the end! LOL I still have to put the borders on mine & will post it here - maybe by tomorrow? I wanted mine to be "HOT", so I used oranges & turquoises....and it is bright! We are also doing a mystery quilt in my quilt class - but at our own pace. I just got the last page at class last night with the layout instructions. Mystery quilts rock!
8)

GayKennedy 02-14-2007 03:21 PM

They are fun to do. Would love to see a pic of your's when you are done!!
Gay

zyxquilts 02-15-2007 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK - Here's my mystery quilt from the Saturday email mystery. Like I said, I wanted it to be "hot"! I'm quite pleased with the way it came out overall - and it was truly a mystery until the end too!

GayKennedy 02-15-2007 10:34 AM

The pic is pretty dark but I can tell that the colors are very vibrant and beautiful!!
As you said, it is "hot!!" Love it.
Defnitely a mystery to the end. A couple of times I looked at my new instructions and I would think Uh oh....I've sure messed up but then would figure out it was going from side to side rather than top to bottom.....oh my!! LOL
Gay

zyxquilts 02-15-2007 10:43 AM

I don't know why the photo won't show up better - I even tried to lighten & re-post it. Maybe I can get someone to hold it up for me outside in the sunshine. :(