Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   name of pattern used please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/name-pattern-used-please-t221889.html)

athenascooter 05-20-2013 07:36 AM

name of pattern used please

There have been many pictures of quilts posted and I am sure others would like it also if the name of the pattern and book it was in was also posted with the pictures. Love seeing all the lovely quilts as it gets me back to the machined and sewing

Cagey 05-20-2013 07:37 AM

Excellent suggestion!

MartiMorga 05-20-2013 07:42 AM

At least the name of the pattern and I think most ladies do that.

mom-6 05-20-2013 07:56 AM

Good idea if there was a pattern involved! Most (not all) of what I do is seeing a block or a quilt I like and then making something similar or something I envision from seeing a variety of ideas.

Even if I start with a pattern it rarely ends up exactly like the original because I put my own spin to it. I've been doing this with garment patterns, counted cross stitch patterns, crochet and knitting patterns, etc. ever since my college days way back when. (My kids used to call it back in the prehistoric era. ) Lol!

crafty pat 05-20-2013 08:42 AM

That would be great. A very good tip.

Scissor Queen 05-20-2013 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by athenascooter (Post 6075045)
There have been many pictures of quilts posted and I am sure others would like it also if the name of the pattern and book it was in was also posted with the pictures. Love seeing all the lovely quilts as it gets me back to the machined and sewing

Half the time it doesn't make any difference if you do post the pattern details. There are always people that don't read what you write anyway.

ManiacQuilter2 05-20-2013 11:43 AM

Sometimes people forget being that we live such busy lives...... If there is a pattern you are very interested in, just ask them by sending them a PM.

Jingle 05-20-2013 01:31 PM

I make up alot of my quilts. Most are easy to see.

JenniePenny 05-20-2013 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen (Post 6075413)
Half the time it doesn't make any difference if you do post the pattern details. There are always people that don't read what you write anyway.

Exactly. I can't say how many times I've given the information further on down the post (not just once or twice, but at least three times) even when all the details are given with the photo. I really get baffled by it, because when I see a quilt that is interesting or captures my imagination, I want to read everything that has been written about it. I want to know about the quilt from the maker's vantage point.

ckcowl 05-20-2013 01:50 PM

since the quilts I make I *make up as I go* there are no patterns to share- very seldom do I use a pattern- I just make quilts- I do name my quilts- and when a (fellow board member) tries to find the pattern by searching the name I gave the quilt sometimes things become --- unpleasant---so I hesitate to share much more than the picture- if I do use a pattern I generally do share that information