Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Name for a small quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/name-small-quilt-t185544.html)

GrannieAnnie 04-09-2012 07:41 PM

Name for a small quilt

I've tried to post pics here for months and can't, so I can't show you what I'm working on.
Anyway, here's my question and the story behind it.

One of my son-in-law/high school swim coach has a swimmer with some serious lung issues. A group of his family friends are doing a benefit for him. I'm making a personal sized quilt-----will be about 55" wide by 80" long-------the flopping on the couch size----------- for the benefit raffle. The pattern will be warm wishes with flags with eagles being the framed square and just flags as the unframed squares. Since kiddo has breathing problems, I want to name the quilt something with "air" in the name. Not a really obvious link to him, but still keeping with air.

So far the only names I've come up with are "in the air" or just "air" because the eagles have their wings spread out and the flags in both pieces of fabric are "furled" not laid flat.

I know we have some very creative thinkers here. Any suggestions beyond "in the air"?

Tartan 04-09-2012 07:44 PM

The only thing that comes to mind is .....the wind beneath my wings.

GrannieAnnie 04-09-2012 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5129305)
The only thing that comes to mind is .....the wind beneath my wings.

Good idea. It's on the list. Thanks

Neesie 04-09-2012 08:23 PM

"Air of Freedom" popped into my head.

GrannieAnnie 04-09-2012 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 5129354)
"Air of Freedom" popped into my head.

good suggestion, but I don't want to get too patriotic, even though I've got flags and eagles.

COYOTEMAGIC 04-09-2012 08:51 PM

Native American believe that the Eagle is a messenger from God. What about "Prayers in the Wind"

QM 04-09-2012 08:51 PM

If you PM me with your email addy, I'll send you mine, take your emailed pic and post it.
Actually, it's not impossibly difficult to post pix here, just very time consuming, more if your picture file is large.
1. "go advanced"
2. "manage attachments"
3. browse to find the picture on your computer. Select it.
4. after you have selected it, "upload" Wait a LONG time for it to complete.
5. click to close that window.
6. submit and wait another long time.

hopetoquilt 04-10-2012 02:59 AM

If the picture is too large and won't upload, I email the picture to myself, click on it and save to download folders and then go through QM's steps. It magically shrinks in the email to myself. I don't understand why. I don't question it... just happy it works...

FloridaQuilter 04-10-2012 03:47 AM

Even though "air" is in the name, I love Prayers in the Wind!

GrannieAnnie 04-10-2012 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by QM (Post 5129380)
If you PM me with your email addy, I'll send you mine, take your emailed pic and post it.
Actually, it's not impossibly difficult to post pix here, just very time consuming, more if your picture file is large.
1. "go advanced"
2. "manage attachments"
3. browse to find the picture on your computer. Select it.
4. after you have selected it, "upload" Wait a LONG time for it to complete.
5. click to close that window.
6. submit and wait another long time.

Thanks, but I simply do not have the patience. It was bad enough before the new board was introduced.