Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   National Quilting Day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/national-quilting-day-t732.html)

Boo 03-09-2007 06:51 PM

This year National Quilting Day is March 17, 2007. In honor of quilting and quilter's, I have a few plans. First, I would like to invite anyone interested to come to the chatroom and play QUILTO for laughs and prizes. QUILTO is a bingo type game played using words instead of numbers. Anyone interested in playing and chatting, send me your email addy by PM. DO NOT post your email in this thread. I will send you a list of the words for QUILTO and how to prepare.

Secondly, as National Quilt Day falls on St. Patrick's Day, I offer up a challenge for all to make one block to be posted on Saturday, March 17th for all to see. Your block can be green, in honor of St. Pat, or something to honor National Quilt Day. You have one week to complete a block. DO NOT post until Saturday, March 17th. Everyone who posts a block will be entered in a drawing for a prize.

I hope many if not all of you will join us for this fun filled day and maybe you will be lucky enough to win! Remember, I need you to contact my PM with your Email addy, so I can send you the rules and word list for QUILTO. I forgot to mention the time for the game, 3pm EDT, March 17th. Remember to subtract an hour for each time zone west of EDT. Hope to hear from you soon. :D

Country Quilter 03-10-2007 05:14 AM

Boo.... I sent you my addy! This sounds like fun!

Norah 03-10-2007 06:55 AM

I will be at my son's wedding. It sounds like fun. Can we do it again another time, too??

ceannastahr 03-10-2007 08:42 PM

I'm in looking forward to playing

Yvonne 03-11-2007 10:16 AM

Boo, Don't know where I'll be on the 17th. I'll post my quilt block for sure that morning but may miss the QUILTO game. My husband likes to have his cornbeef and cabbage so we'll be out and about! (I cooked it once, that was enough for me!) :roll:

Remember though, I win! It's because I cheat so I don't have to play to win!! :lol:

mellow yellow 03-11-2007 01:02 PM

I'd love to take part but will be out at that time, it'll be 8pm on this side of the atlantic. I'd love to make the block though. Do I get extra points for being Irish????
mel

Yvonne 03-11-2007 06:28 PM

But on March 17th we're all Irish!!!
:lol:

zyxquilts 03-12-2007 12:51 AM

I've sent my edress in a PM! Count me in - and it's my sister's birthday too, so I'm bound to win, right??!! :thumbup: She's in Australia, hence my koala avatar. I painted it in a workshop with Patt Blair, now I have to figure out what I want to do next! LOL :D
sue

mimisharon 03-12-2007 05:32 AM

I'll be at my grandson's wedding, all day. I'm decorating that morning, then directing the wedding, then I'll collapse for several days after making the emerald green and pink bridesmaids dresses.

I'll get in on the next one, though, it sounds like fun!!
Sharon

Knot Sew 03-14-2007 02:06 PM

How many do we have now? come on , we have a lot of members and everyone is welcome
:) :-) :P :wink: