Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   NEBRASKA LADIES (& GENTS, IF ANY) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/nebraska-ladies-gents-if-any-t36025.html)

mjsylvstr 02-04-2010 05:13 PM

Do any of you live near the University of Nebraska Quilt Study Center?
(in Lincoln, I believe)

One of the ladies in my guild in Florida made a quilted car cover ... yes ... that's right. It covered her entire car and she was able to have it adorn her car while she drove down the highway....you can only imagine the people viewing this sight.

Her quilted car cover now has a permanent home at the University and if any of you live near there, it surely is worth the time to go and view it.

It is unbelievable.

MaryJane

littlehud 02-04-2010 05:26 PM

I'm only about and hour away. I need to go there.

dkabasketlady 02-04-2010 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I'm only about and hour away. I need to go there.

Maybe you could take a pic and post when you go so the rest of us could see the amazing quilted car cover!!

oldswimmer 02-04-2010 06:08 PM

I am about 2 1/2 hours away and need to go see the new Center. I used to be able to see a small quilt exhibit every year at State Fair time, because my daughter had a contest in the building that housed the quilts... until now. I have heard WONDERFUL things about the new building and Center! The thing is... they have SO many quilts, that they are never all on display at the same time. They usually have a showing with some sort of a theme, and change it often. They would list it on their internet site what is being shown at any given time. A Quilted car cover.... that is ambitious! Would love to see that!

mjsylvstr 02-04-2010 06:24 PM

The quilter told me that she was riding down 95 in Florida and was pulled over by a patrolman. She stopped and waited for him to approach the car and then asked what she was doing wrong.

he told her "nothing" but he had to stop her to be able to see this car.....

She was able to breath a bit easier after that statement.

It really is a site to see.

butterflywing 02-06-2010 09:14 AM

do you have a pic?

fatnsassy 02-06-2010 09:46 AM

I live in Lincoln, Ne but didn't know that there was a Quilt study center. I will have to call the university and find out where it is and go look at it and all the rest of them. Thanks for the suggestion.

mjsylvstr 02-06-2010 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
do you have a pic?

Yes I do have a picture but it is back on my bulletin board in Jersey. Come May...I will try to post a picture of it.

butterflywing 02-06-2010 04:13 PM

i'll climb through the window and pick it up. :lol: :mrgreen:

mjsylvstr 02-06-2010 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
i'll climb through the window and pick it up. :lol: :mrgreen:

thanks, be my guest, but do notify my sons....they can be very territorial about their mama's place........