Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need advice should I this or should I that? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-advice-should-i-should-i-t6687.html)

sandpat 05-06-2008 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by sewsewquilter
I finish High School in Corinth, MS and am going there in August for a wedding. What is the name of the fabric store? I haven't been back to Corinth in almost 20 years.

The colors you have picked are very pretty together. What ever you decide in doing, the quilt is going to be beautiful.

:lol: The fabric store is called Carter's. It is on S. Tate ST. and is really old..been there forever I'm told. We just moved to Middleton, TN. a few yrs. ago. I'm pretty sure its open everyday, but you know stores in the South...you might want to call....(662) 287-6278 Have fun at the wedding!

sewsewquilter 05-06-2008 03:48 PM

Thanks. I don't remember Carter's. But this doesn't mean anything. I'm having been tring to remember the name of the fabric store I use while in Corinth. All I can remember is the son's name was Tommy. :-) He was cute.

sandpat 05-06-2008 03:55 PM

There used to be a Hancock's there (I assume since I saw their sign on an empty building). Carter's sells mostly upholstery fabric, cut they do a section of cotton for quilting. Its not great believe me...but it is only 20 minutes from our house and the better quilt store is in Jackson, TN...an hour away.

stay-at-home 05-06-2008 05:59 PM

rose marie, i checked out that site. never saw it before. i love her way of doing flying geese. that looks like a snap. course the rulers are great too. i'll have to add them to my collection when joanns has a sale.
thanks much for the link.

Rose Marie 05-06-2008 08:44 PM

Best to finish the way you started your FG. Eleanors rulers make geese that are 1 1/2 X 3, 3x6,2x4,and 4x8.
FG are used in so many different blocks that you really need a good method that makes them perfect and hers is the best. I have tried others and they just dont turn out as good. Of course paper pieceing is perfect but I really dont care for it except for blocks that are not good for piecework. Y seams are better to paper piece.

Rose Marie 05-06-2008 10:03 PM

I found the formula for Burns method.
The length of the goose is always twice the width.
If you want a goose that is 3x6 you take the long measure which is 6 and add 1 1/2 inchs to get 7 1/2. this is the size of the small square, add another 1 1/2 to get 9 inchs. that is the large square. The large square is the two points of the goose background. For all sizes you just add the 1 1/2 inches.

sandpat 05-07-2008 12:41 PM

Thanks so much Rose Marie. I'll try that way on my next project with FG. It looks like fun, course, its all fun, some just more than others :lol:

Rose Marie 05-08-2008 11:32 AM

I have watched all the shows on QNN for Eleanor and Fons and Porter.
Boy have I learned alot. I notice that El dosnt always give the details every time for some steps. One of them is when you place the small block over the large one check the stretch of the fabric and make sure both squares have the stretch in the same direction.

sandpat 05-08-2008 02:48 PM

Good tip Rose Marie and one that I wouldn't have thought of. Thanks :lol: