Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   need to b**** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-b%2A%2A%2A%2A-t45805.html)

homequilter 05-16-2010 05:51 AM

Put the information regarding the treatment on Facebook-or at least tell them you will-bet you get results fast!

craftybear 05-16-2010 05:55 AM

that is terrible, I hope you get someone to fix it for you right

dar627742 05-28-2010 10:08 AM

after reading all your comments,i went back to the shop in person ,spoke to the owner,& they made it all right.machine works great! i also put a note on my machine to reminnd myself to check !!!haven't found anything in my book yet to "remember"needle setting,but will keep looking.thanx again

amma 05-28-2010 10:25 AM

I am happy to hear that the owner did the right thing and your baby is back home again and working great :D:D:D

CarrieAnne 05-28-2010 11:34 AM

So glad to hear you got it back and everything is good!

GrammaNan 05-28-2010 11:38 AM

I am so glad that it worked out for you. Sometimes we feel helpless in these types of cases and this forum is a great place to vent. I have trained customer service skills for over 10 years and most recently at the corporate level for a Fortune 500 company. The most important thing for a customer to remember is to OYM Open Your Mouth. Be specific and have documentation if available. Start out firm but kind. Threatening from the beginning will only make the situation worse.

Marjpf 05-28-2010 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by NCMtnHigh
So very sorry for your trouble. Tell them you will not pay for repairs when your machine is worse off than when you brought it in. If they give you any trouble, call AND write the Better Business Bureau, local tv station that helps with problems like this. They don't want their names out there as being non-responsive to customers. They WILL fix it for you. In North Carolina, we have a great Attorney General. He loves to hear about problems like this. Do not shy away from being bold and forceful. It's YOUR machine and YOUR money. Good luck....

I agree with this method. In addition, call and write to the Brother headquarters with documentation on this. They don't want their name attached to a shop that gives bad service.

dar627742 05-28-2010 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

Originally Posted by Pam
On the board we kick butt, AND take names! If that machine is not right, go get 'em!

that is not a purpose or function of this board.

we may alert each other to substantiated cases in which we've received poor service or products, but we should do so constructively and only after going all the way through the consumer complaint process. we are the largest quilting board on the net. we do not want to be the cause of somebody losing their reputation, whole business and livelihood. lawyers live for cases like that.

in this specific case, i hope very much that the repair shop does the right thing and fixes this poor machine properly and for a fair price. if not, the next step would be filing written complaints with local and state business bureaus, consumer complaint agencies and the manufacturer.

let's keep our fingers crossed that this will work out for dar. if not, i'm sure she will take those steps. and we'll be right here to sympathize and empathize if she needs to share her frustration.

sorry , i didn'trealize i was going against the rules ! i just wanted advice, not to start trouble. i'll be more careful next time .