Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need CHAIR for sewing table ... what do YOU use??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-chair-sewing-table-what-do-you-use-t204019.html)

Vanuatu Jill 10-23-2012 10:19 AM

I have an armed office swivel chair from Office Depot when they were on sale. I love it as I sew in a U-shaped area. Machine on the middle table, work table to my right and iron to my left. Plus, this room ( alcove, really) has hard wood floor so it slides easily and swivels. It's padded, too, which Is good for my "toosh" after hours of sitting. I think it was on sale for $75.00

2blackcats 10-23-2012 10:20 AM

I use a swivel chair on wheels, no arms. It is a secretarial chair and the back adjusts so I get good lumbar support for long hours at the machine. It is perfect. I stole it from my desk - it just wasn't working there. But as a sewing chair it is fabulous. The seat height also adjust so I don't have to worry about the height of my sewing table.

Remember, comfort is more important than looks!

jj1150 10-23-2012 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by KimmieH (Post 5606486)
youre too cute about the new room LOL.....please post a pic when its done!!!

Thanks :) And a BIG thank you for ALL your advise. Now I will definately look for a swivel chair. The one at Marshall's is sooo darn cute!! And I love the Red :) This chair had arms .... did I mention just how darn cute it is :)

The room is not very big, with chartreuse painted walls and quite a bit of white trim (two sets of closet doors/window(s) and baseboards). And I do have pics from my BR (before I redid that a few years ago), that will go quite well in here.

And I will be sure and post a pic when I get it done ... still need to find a table for my Janome 6600. Would love to be able to get the one that comes with it (but at about $400, I'll probably try and find something cheaper).

THANKS Again ... sooo appreciate all the advice!!

jody

auntpiggylpn 10-23-2012 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by pollyjvan9 (Post 5606470)
I use an armless secretarial chair. On wheels and swivels. I have one at each machine.

I too have an armless task chair on wheels and swivels. I decided on the armless variety because I used to have one that hand arms on it and I was always mashing my fingers between it and my sewing table.

Pam B 10-23-2012 04:18 PM

Cushy swivel on wheels...no arms.

Dolphyngyrl 10-23-2012 04:37 PM

I have used both and I like swivel, because they are more adjustable. I use a cheap office chair paid 47 bucks for and love it

batikmystique 10-23-2012 05:34 PM

I use a swivel chair also, and the height is adjustable as well to accommodate whatever table height I might be working at. It also has rollers on the bottom so I can glide a few feet to grab something without having to get up. Mine has a cloth covering which is nice because I think vinyl or leather might become too hot to sit on after a while. It has fixed arms and they have never caused me any problems from an ergonomic point of view. I've had it for some time, but I believe I purchased it at an office store.

morforles 10-23-2012 05:46 PM

I love my very inexpensive swivel chair from IKEA! It also is on rollers so I can roll from table to counter with no problem. I don't have arms on mine and don't miss them one bit.....in fact, I think they would get in the way. Hope you find exactly what you need!
Leslie

Gigi07 10-23-2012 06:13 PM

Swivel, rollers and adjustable height is a must for my body!!

NanaBeez 10-24-2012 03:47 AM

I have always used a comfortable office chair which is adjustable. I have always been able to find them at bargain prices at second hard stores or used office furniture place. If you spend several hours at the machine besides having your body at the right height be sure to get up and move around a couple of times and hour.