Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need to get motivated to finish some UFOs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-get-motivated-finish-some-ufos-t220199.html)

quilterCDN 04-28-2013 10:32 AM

Need to get motivated to finish some UFOs

Just need to get some motivation. Didn't sew/quilt much in April and really need to get going. Some of the quilts just require the binding sewn on. It is so nice outside and don't want to be stuck inside. Anyone else feel this way at this time of year? How do you get motivated?

barny 04-28-2013 10:35 AM

Why do you HAVE to sew? Go on outside and enjoy the weather. Why not! You need the time off maybe. then you will be ready to go in a month or 2. Me too!

kaelynangelfoot 04-28-2013 10:42 AM

My creativity cycles. Some months I do a ton of sewing and others I just drag my feet. Just go with the flow and enjoy the process.

Luv Quilts and Cats 04-28-2013 11:03 AM

I hear you. I have recently begun working full time again after being out of work over a year. I was able to work on some UFOs during that time. Now that I am back to working I am too tired at night to take anything out, although I am going to try working on my hand sewing projects. I had hoped to sew this afternoon, but I cooked some chicken for the up coming week, the laundry is in the dryer, I started reading a good book and now I feel like taking a nap!!!!! Let's just chock up our inertia to Spring Fever! Maybe you have a place outside to sit and sew the binding on one of the quilts?

nvb50 04-28-2013 11:28 AM

I am trying to finish some UFOs myself. The sooner I get them done, the sooner, I get to try something new. It is raining today and no NASCAR race. Not much else to do but sew.

Lori S 04-28-2013 11:43 AM

It so nice outside .. I understand your issue! Go forth .. do what suits your mood!

Boston1954 04-28-2013 12:04 PM

I went through a dry spell a few months ago. Now I want to spend all day in the sewing room. If it's just bindings, and you want to enjoy the day, go ahead and then sew bindings in the eveing while a movie is on. You get to watch television and make progress at the same time. I have done this many times. I see how much is getting done, and it just floors me.

humbird 04-28-2013 12:16 PM

I just got my motivation this afternoon. A phone call from my wonderful GS, telling me he and his lovely lady got engaged last night! I have had a hexagon quilt in the works for several months, (for the next one to marry) but ran out of the "path" fabric which I wanted to continue into the border. Have been looking for a couple months for more of it, without any success. I have decieded to go a different route with the borders, but hadn't made the final decision. Got it out again today, and "think" I know what I will do. Now to get started! They haven't set a date. Hopefully it won't be in the VERY near future!

julie 04-28-2013 12:21 PM

Our weather is not nice, it's raining again, so after I'm done on the computer, I'm heading to the sewing room. Will this rain ever stop?? Yesterday was nice, now it's back to wet...

nhweaver 04-28-2013 12:55 PM

I sew and quilt in spurts, but in spring my thoughts turn to the garden (I am an Earth sign) - gotta have my fix of loam, and spent the morning at the flea market picking up lots of veggie plants (much more affordable than Walmart or Lowe's). Stopped to visit a quilting friend to drop off some pieces for her postage stamp project, and came home. Spring sunshine calls me outside, can't hand quilt outside, too much pollen, so I dig, and weed, and trim, and smile. The UFO's are there, waiting for a rainy day,
" To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven - or as Pete Seeger wrote and, recorded by the Byrds - "to every season, turn, turn turn".