Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need Help please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-please-t198701.html)

peg1991 08-26-2012 06:20 AM

Need Help please

Okay people need some help with a Singer Foot Controls ....
Well I would like to have a Hand Control for my Singer so I can do my Quilting without the foot control. Do anyone of you understand what I'm talking about and if so where can I get one for my SingerConfidence 7463....

I have a quilting table so the foot Control does not reach the floor, so I have to hold it in my one hand and more the sewing machine with the other hand... Not good at all.... So please Help....

DebbE 08-26-2012 06:29 AM

Can't see how a hand control will help you as I need both hands quilting. Not knowing your exact set up and not having a picture to look at , I have two ideas. The first is, build a box that won't slide on the floor, and put your foot control on top of that on one of those grippy anchors that will hold the control is place. You can build it as high as needed so you can reach the peddle to push it. The second one is (and this will sound funny)....but how about if you put your foot control under the right side of your upper thigh when sitting on your chair, so all you have to do is lean a bit to the right (or left) and it pushes the control down so you can sew with both hands? You'd have to be sitting in a slightly larger seat that's pretty flat, but try it, it may work. Hope one of the ideas works for you...

DebbE 08-26-2012 06:32 AM

Just thought of something else. What if you anchored the control to the left side of the cabinet underneath so you could push it with the side of your leg at the knee? It would take some practice to perfect using it that way, but it could possibly work, too.

peg1991 08-26-2012 09:21 AM

this would not work.. I'm standing not sitting at the table. I think I need to place a pic up for you all to see what I mean.

Be back soon today with that pic..or pics..

peg1991 08-26-2012 09:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
as you see its much to big[ATTACH=CONFIG]358064[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]358063[/ATTACH]can not go to the floor.. And I need to move it with me... So a hand one would work better.[ATTACH=CONFIG]358062[/ATTACH]

NikkiLu 08-26-2012 09:51 AM

Can you go to a local sewing machine shop and have them to make you a longer cord???

Deborahlees 08-26-2012 10:02 AM

i would think an electrician could also lengthen the cord for you,,,,that should be a simple fix

peg1991 08-26-2012 10:18 AM

Yes that would be to have the cord longer then I would have to keep moving it with my foot as I quilt on a 10 foot table. I think someone out in the quilting world would know how to make one or can it be done?

Cybrarian 08-26-2012 10:21 AM

Yes, definitely, longer cord is the answer. Do you have a good sewing machine repair person? He or she should be able to do this pretty easily.

peg1991 08-26-2012 10:33 AM

nope so I will have to see if I can find one.. I just would think there would be one for it.. It would work great if I remember were I seen that at...