Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help with a quilt label PLEASE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-quilt-label-please-t144311.html)

debbieoh 08-11-2011 04:40 AM

Not sure if anyone can help me figure this out but figured I would ask .
I have made 6 lap quilts so far for the Veterans that enter the Hospice program I volunteer at.

I want to add a label to each that's says:
Donated by New Life Hospice
made by
Debbie Elgart

Here's my problem is I have to set up each Line sew it than go on to the next and so on. Can someone explain to this STUPID person if there is anyway to set it up so I don't have to sew each line, delete than go on to the next line.
Or is there somewhere to go that can make the design for me to purschase. I plan to make as many as I can so will be doing this alot. (I hope) LOL!!!.
My machine will only go to 5x7. I don't care if the label even has to be big..any and all help would really be appreciated.

My hubby is having surgery in Sept and looks like I will have a lot of extra time on my hands so will be sewing my little heart out to keep me sane LOL!!! He'll be in a wheel chair for 3 months. Lucky him Poor me.

Thanks all for the help
Debbie e in Ohio

grammy Dwynn 08-11-2011 04:52 AM

You didn't say which embroidery machine (and model#) you have.

I have a friend that has a Janome 9700 and I have a Janome 1100SE and she was asking almost the same question (over the phone) as you. I could help her some but being different models, there were different steps to go thru.

Hopefully someone has the same machine as yours and can talk you through it.

bluteddi 08-11-2011 05:06 AM

I have a brother... and thats the only way I know to do it. there are place/ppl that will basically digitize an entire design such as this for u.... but I've never tried them.

thismomquilts 08-11-2011 05:08 AM

My embroidery machine has a memory where whatever is designed can be saved... plus it can be edited to include the whole thing at hone time...

SharonTheriault 08-11-2011 05:24 AM

There are a couple of ladies on the board that do labels. Evidently they digitize the whole thing. I have used their labels and am very happy with them. Look on the classified section for them. You can copy your message and see if they answer.

debbieoh 08-11-2011 07:03 AM

I only have a Brother Pe-700ll.

TinkerQuilts 08-11-2011 07:48 AM

I have a Brother Duetta but if you have the same functions, here's what I do:
For line #1 you pick your font and type the first line of text, SET it, move the text where you want it to be (with the arrows), and END EDIT. For line #2 you pick the font again and type the next line of text, SET it, move it to where you want it with the arrows, and END EDIT. Do the same thing over again for lines #3 and #4. Touch the SEWING button - and you know the rest.
Hope this helps!!