Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help w/ where to go next??? (It's done photo update 7/13) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-w-where-go-next-its-done-photo-update-7-13-a-t8705.html)

user3587 07-02-2008 04:39 PM

I'm with Barb M , I love it. I generally don't like yellow (I thinks it's because I can't wear yellow) but this is one of the brightest and cheeriest quilts I have seen. For me it makes me smile and have a good feeling. It's personal preference but I wouldn't change a thing. From where I sit you've done a great job. I love the design.

retrogirl02 07-02-2008 04:46 PM

Personally, I like yellow and I really like it with blues. It's a classic color combination...maybe blues in the border would really set it off. I know when I'm mid project, my mind starts to wander and I think ugh...this isn't working...I usually do a couple of new blocks just to get side tracked a while and that's all it takes---a little break does a body good. Can't wait to see what you decide to do.

tlrnhi 07-02-2008 06:34 PM

For what it's worth? Here's my 2 cents.
I like it, I really do. I'm not a fan of yellow either, but like the others said, get the border/borders on and you'll see that it will look differently.
I think you are not liking all that yellow in there.
I think its a beautiful quilt and will be even better once it's finished!

BDor 07-02-2008 06:54 PM

I love it but think you may just be tired of working with all the yellow. I am with the others and think the border will make a big difference.
You did a great job and I know she will be thrilled with it.

jbsstrawberry 07-02-2008 07:47 PM

I in no way shape or form am any kind of expert. Still technically a newbie at the whole quilting game (less than a year) but I see a braided type border...in the blues and purples. I think it would frame your beautiful work nicely, and pull your eye away from the yellow a bit. I'm probably wrong on the WHY I see it that way LOL...but I still think it would look nice.

It really is beautiful, it will definitely give your friend warm happy feelings of her daughter when she sees it. You're doing a fantastic job!!

Keep us posted please :)

PS I knew I'd find one here...like this one that Quilting Turtle did on Dawn's center for their Round Robin. :) (hope you don't mind me borrowing your post Tricia!)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/345/6017.page

retrogirl02 07-02-2008 07:51 PM

OOOOH, nice one. LOVE THat link! Yes, that'd be cool.

penski 07-02-2008 09:12 PM

wow i think your quilt is going to and already is beautiful cant wait to see it when it is done please show us a picture!!!! did you have a pattern or was this you own i dea?? if it was a pattern could you let me know so i can try it ??

thanks i think you will like it when you are done with itand i am sure the lady that had you make will love it

matbe some where in the design you could put the girls name in it maybe with a meander stitch

Butterflyspain 07-03-2008 02:49 AM

Julie, I think its beautiful too. But I know what you mean if its not your colour choice it does make it hard. Think like the others have said when you get your order on, it will look different again. Perhaps two different rows of the blue and purple. It would be a shame to take it apart after all that hard work. :(

The girls here told me to audition my fabrics against the quilt and sure enough it worked. They are all so clever... :D :D

Elle

SaraSewing 07-03-2008 03:45 AM

It looks beautiful. Great work. I certainly wouldn't unpick ANYTHING! If you don't like it you can either A) put it away for a while and it will look better in a month, B) make another one with different colors C) donate this one D) continue to sweat and worry. I've made things that have been a struggle for me, but others really liked it. But don't unpick!

Joan 07-04-2008 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Deb G
I think it'll be a cool looking quilt when it's done. Using purple, alittle darker than the purple you already used, for the outside border and maybe a narrow inner border in pink would look nice.
We want to see pics when it's done.

I agree with Deb G. A darker purple border will really tone down that yellow. I like it regardless!