Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   need help withva pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-withva-pattern-t156278.html)

sahm4605 09-27-2011 11:55 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I am looking for either someone who can point me to a pattern or who can make a ppd pattern for this. I just drew it out but here is the catchy it need to be about 33" wide at the bottom. Hope that this is clear as mud. And I have never done a y seam so if we can stay away from those all the better. Can anyone help? Hope the pic comes out okay. I don't have eq any or would do it myself. Waiting to see Windows 8, when it comes out if it can work with the eqs and a tablet. Or would be on my list for Christmas.

this is about what i need.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263283[/ATTACH]

this is what it will be attaching too. you can make the points longer or mor of them as long as the center point ends up in the middle of the block.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263284[/ATTACH]

MissSandra 09-27-2011 12:13 PM

the quilt thats done reminds me of a carol doak pattern

blueangel 09-27-2011 12:17 PM

Nice

sahm4605 09-27-2011 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by MissSandra

hehehehe rofl, it reminds you because those are her patterns. hehe

QM 09-27-2011 12:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sahm4605
I am looking for either someone who can point me to a pattern or who can make a ppd pattern for this. I just drew it out but here is the catchy it need to be about 33" wide at the bottom. Hope that this is clear as mud. And I have never done a y seam so if we can stay away from those all the better. Can anyone help? Hope the pic comes out okay. I don't have eq any or would do it myself. Waiting to see Windows 8, when it comes out if it can work with the eqs and a tablet. Or would be on my list for Christmas.

IMHO, this needs to be more complex (scale would be wrong) to work with the pattern you already have made, but here it is.

added part
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263290[/ATTACH]

another thought
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263297[/ATTACH]

CarolinePaj 09-27-2011 12:37 PM

Beautiful quilt and I love the quilt inspector!

Hugs

sahm4605 09-27-2011 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by QM

IMHO, this needs to be more complex (scale would be wrong) to work with the pattern you already have made, but here it is.

more complex is fine. And pulling the lines at more of an angle is fine also. I was just trying to get the idea of what I am looking for.

KathyAire 09-27-2011 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by MissSandra

The center is a free Carol Doak pattern from her web site. I used it about eight or nine months ago.

http://www.caroldoak.com/free-quilt-patterns.php

GrannieAnnie 09-27-2011 02:35 PM

You've got as cat attached to it! Why add anything more?

(sorry, I couldn't help myself)

QM 09-27-2011 03:42 PM

BTW, I own EQ (a gift) and QuiltPro. QP is ever so much easier to learn and to use.