Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need opinions on fabric choices (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-opinions-fabric-choices-t150013.html)

wyosue 09-03-2011 05:26 AM

4 Attachment(s)
This fabric is called Coming At You in 3-D by Hoffman. I have been making pillowcases for my Grandchildren using my pattern since 2007 and thought I have done pretty good choosing the coordinating fabrics. I have orders for pillowcases from ladies in town but one of the ladies does not want bright fabrics to go with the butterflies--well the butterfly fabric is bright. I made one using a yellow with white dots but I am not sure about the pink/peach small trim. Please let me know what you think. Anyway, I am posting photos--hope they come through.
I forgot to tell you that when you look through 3-D glasses the images pop right off the fabric--Really cool.

Okay, what about the green with yellow trim. I just laid it the green on top--not sewn yet.

Butterflies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]250807[/ATTACH]

Fish
[ATTACH=CONFIG]250808[/ATTACH]

Space
[ATTACH=CONFIG]250809[/ATTACH]

tealfalcon 09-03-2011 05:28 AM

your pillowcasses are lovely....not sure if i like the yellow and pale pink with it....what it you used a solid green and a lighter shade of blue?

ljfox 09-03-2011 05:30 AM

I like the brighter ones better. I don't see any pink in the butterflies, so maybe you could replace the pink on the next one with a darker color from the butterflies. I really love the one with the planets.

Alex J 09-03-2011 05:30 AM

It's OK the pink/peach it does not come right out and says here I am but it works.

wyosue 09-03-2011 05:34 AM

There is actually Hot Pink in the a couple of the butterflies. I did have a green with the yellow but there is so much green it just washed out. Also, tried all the lighter blues and it just looked like it did not belong. I just don't know what else to try. Maybe if I could find something for the band and use the yellow as the trim. These samples are going to be small travel pillowcases.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-03-2011 05:36 AM

That's such awesome fabric! However, not crazy about the pink and yellow with it.
Nice!! :D

tealfalcon 09-03-2011 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by wyosue
There is actually Hot Pink in the a couple of the butterflies. I did have a green with the yellow but there is so much green it just washed out. Also, tried all the lighter blues and it just looked like it did not belong. I just don't know what else to try. Maybe if I could find something for the band and use the yellow as the trim. These samples are going to be small travel pillowcases.

yeah its hard to tell fabrics online sometimes...i have ordered fabric online and when it came it was not what i was expcting...btw i am so jealous of where you live...beautiful country up there

quiltsRfun 09-03-2011 06:12 AM

I like the green & yellow better than the pink & yellow.

Lady Crafter 09-03-2011 06:37 AM

I love them all except the pink trim. Maybe try a deeper/brighter pink?

Dolphyngyrl 09-03-2011 07:31 AM

yeah I wouldn't use the pink, doesn't really go