Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need quick answer to Babylock Crafters Choice question!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-quick-answer-babylock-crafters-choice-question-t147257.html)

virgwid 08-23-2011 06:40 AM

Hi. new to sewing and the babylock crafters choice. It worked perfectly yesterday, but when I went back, the needle was off to the side of where the hole in the foot would be. I can move the whole mechanism over, but it doesn't stay. Ok, then I noticed it wasn't threaded. ok, so I undid everything and rethreaded it. I know I did it correctly, as I did it perfectly yesterday, plus its kinda a no brainer since it tells you how to do it. So now I only have to hit the lever and it will thread itself. No go. The threader thing comes down, but it won't close over the needle all the way, and the lever goes almost all the way down, but not all the way down. I've rethreaded at least six times. I took the foot off, put it back on. Turned on and off the machine. Stitich is set at 01 as always. What am I doing wrong? for heavens sake, all I did yesterday when I finished was turn it off and cover the machine. All I did this morning was turn it on! Help!!!! Virg

kittenquilts 08-23-2011 06:48 AM

Is your needle installed securely? Perhaps it came loose a bit and that is the reason it is no longer in the correct position.

quiltingme 08-23-2011 06:53 AM

Don't know if it is the same on your Baby Lock, but on my Brother that threads with a lever, if I don't hold the thread taut with my right hand (up by the spool) as I am pressing the lever, it will not thread correctly. Don't know why - but I also had threading issues until I started holding the thread! Maybe that would help...Good luck!

NanaCsews2 08-23-2011 08:03 AM

This is what I have to do with my Babylock auto threader: Make sure needle is inserted correctly. The reset button also moves my needle over to the center. If yours is 'off', make sure to reset the needle. The thread size has to work with the size of needle you are using. Press needle position button to raise the needle. ( I make sure the hand-wheel has the markings lined up, then press the button.) Make sure the thread is threaded correctly. The thread should always unwind from the spool from the front of the spool. Press the auto threading button. The presser foot will automatically lower. I also have to make sure the presser foot is not set to pivot. There are times I have had to set the presser foot in the down position before the threading will work. Giving the threading hook a little nudge sometimes works too as I know I have accidentally bumped it when replacing needles or presser feet. Needle Centered, Needle Up, Presser Foot Down.

virgwid 08-23-2011 05:33 PM

Thank you everyone! I'm not quite sure what I did, other than fiddle with just about everything, then have a good long talking to it, but whatever it was worked. Did it again later, and I fiddled with the stitch button and the big nob on the right. (ok, I did say I was new at this!). Anywho, the machine and I have gotten along alot better this afternoon and I even finished my blocks for my quilt! Virg

susie-susie-susie 08-24-2011 05:21 AM

Maybe you just had to show her who was boss and the talking to her did the trick. Sometimes you just have to take charge.
Sue