Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   need some help with problem please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-some-help-problem-please-t86531.html)

dreamer2009 12-31-2010 02:16 PM

Have brain injury.
Am cutting out sewing pattern.
fabric is dark fleece...how do I mark the dots of the pattern onto the dark fleece. I don't have any type of chalk markers.

ncsewer 12-31-2010 02:18 PM

Can you mark it with pins? Either straight pins or safety pins?

Cyn 12-31-2010 02:20 PM

White-out, flour, baking soda ? just thinking out loud.....

feline fanatic 12-31-2010 02:21 PM

Could you make notches in the seam allowance with scissors?

pab 12-31-2010 02:22 PM

?bar of soap?beeswax? pab

auntmag 12-31-2010 02:26 PM

Make tailor tacks with white thread: thread a needle with a long piece of white thread and have the ends even. Take a stitch thru pattern and fabric at the dot on the paper pattern make a second stitch but leave a loop about 1 1/2 inches on top cut the thread even with apex of loop. Carefully cut the apex of the loop and remove the paper pattern. Gently pull the fabric pieces apart being careful not to lose the thread. Snip between the two pieces of fabric leaving equal amounts of thread on each piece and Voila!! you have a tailor's tack marking your cut out fabric. Hope this helps.

oatw13 12-31-2010 02:36 PM

Do you have regular chalkboard chalk or sidewalk chalk? I dot of solid deodorant would also work.

I like the thread tack suggestion. I usually fake it and use pins or cut notches if they are along the edge.

dreamer2009 12-31-2010 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by auntmag
Make tailor tacks with white thread: thread a needle with a long piece of white thread and have the ends even. Take a stitch thru pattern and fabric at the dot on the paper pattern make a second stitch but leave a loop about 1 1/2 inches on top cut the thread even with apex of loop. Carefully cut the apex of the loop and remove the paper pattern. Gently pull the fabric pieces apart being careful not to lose the thread. Snip between the two pieces of fabric leaving equal amounts of thread on each piece and Voila!! you have a tailor's tack marking your cut out fabric. Hope this helps.

YEAH...and the winner is auntmag :)
I never would have thought of this...thanks everyone :)

C.Cal Quilt Girl 12-31-2010 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by auntmag

Fantastic will have to remember this!!!
:D

Hosta 12-31-2010 02:54 PM

chalk or sopa sharpened to a point works for me.