Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need your opinion please! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-your-opinion-please-t79842.html)

scowlkat 11-30-2010 11:21 PM

I have been doing some digitizing and embroidery from home since I became disabled. Word is starting to get around my small town and I need to get some business cards. My problem is: what to call my service? My main focus is on digitizing and embroidery, however, I also quilt and sew clothing (no alterations). So here are a few names I have narrowed my list to and would like your feedback and/or suggestions:

Fancy Stitches
Stitchcraft
DJ's SewN4U

Thanks bunches.

gale 11-30-2010 11:31 PM

I like the first two. Not the 3rd. I'm personally not a fan of the cutesy spelling and chatspeak for non chat applications.

omak 11-30-2010 11:33 PM

In my experience, if you tell someone you sew, their idea of what to look for from your service differs quite a bit from what you really want to do.
Somehow, you have to convey the idea of custom stitches ... what types of products would your creations decorate, be applied to? <wave>

Deecee 11-30-2010 11:45 PM

I agree with omak. Non sewing people can have a totally different interpretation of what a name conveys. You may need to be a bit more specific.

Annaquilts 11-30-2010 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
I have been doing some digitizing and embroidery from home since I became disabled. Word is starting to get around my small town and I need to get some business cards. My problem is: what to call my service? My main focus is on digitizing and embroidery, however, I also quilt and sew clothing (no alterations). So here are a few names I have narrowed my list to and would like your feedback and/or suggestions:

Fancy Stitches-Like this one best.

Stitchcraft- OK I am crazy but it reminds me of witch craft

DJ's SewN4U-too long and too confusing

Thanks bunches.

scowlkat 11-30-2010 11:49 PM

Ok, on my card under the name, I plan to have the following lines:

Custom embroidery, sewing and quilting.

Making your dream a reality.

or something to that effect.

Does that serve as a good enough clarification of services? Thanks again.

omak 12-01-2010 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
Ok, on my card under the name, I plan to have the following lines:

Custom embroidery, sewing and quilting.

Making your dream a reality.

or something to that effect.

Does that serve as a good enough clarification of services? Thanks again.

It is probably pretty good for clarification (trying to think in business brain here, and I don't think it is working <g>)
I get the custom embroidery, sewing, and quilting part - - but how do you convey "Making your dream a reality"?
***thinking***
I am probably not the best one to try things on ...
I think what you have is going to work just fine. Go down to Staples or Office Depot and buy a packet of business cards that you can use your own computer to design - - design a couple different ideas (with one name, of course) ... print one sheet out, and pass out the cards - - depending on the questions you get, might tell you what you need to have or not have on your card.
I can't imagine that I would ever be able to afford your services, so I would probably not really be able to tell you how to develop your customer base. <wave>

SueDor 12-01-2010 02:59 AM

Your idea sounds ok. Im not sure about "Making your dream a reality." part. It may work or maybe instead of dreams you used "ideas".

sewTinker 12-01-2010 03:20 AM

how about ~

DreamStitches

Custom Embroidery, Sewing, and Quilting

You dream it, we stitch it.

ScowlKat
call 1-800-sew-4cash

SuziC 12-01-2010 03:53 AM

Stitchcraft made me smile....just a first impression