Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It Never Fails (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/never-fails-t202196.html)

Ps 150 10-05-2012 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by mrs. fitz (Post 5564845)
Maybe you shouldn't be typing.

I'm typing with my other fingers. This isn't my first finger injury, lol. I've had to learn over the years how to type without one of my thumbs or without one of my index fingers. It's slower, but it still works out good. I've also been avoiding writing, cooking and anything else that might put any pressure on the finger or bring it into contact with bacteria.

Pat625 10-06-2012 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 5559993)
I have to be careful about letting any blood loose.....being on blood thinners. I do notice blood flows freely now then it did before I started Coumadin.

Glad your feeling better!!

I know what you mean..and do you find that you hurt yourself even more now that you have to be more careful about bleeding?? Murphy's law!!

JenelTX 10-06-2012 05:16 AM

Ouch! So sorry! That is scary.

JenelTX 10-06-2012 05:19 AM

Now my husband is all worried about me and says I should use a tweezers to pull up the bobbin thread. Might not be a bad idea!

wannaquilt1 10-06-2012 05:24 AM

omg im so sorry that happened to you! what kind of machine do you have? does it have that auto sew button where you don't have to put your foot on the pedal? maybe that's what did it?

Busy Quilter 10-06-2012 06:29 AM

Sounds so painful. Hope a new day brings back harmony..

Ps 150 10-06-2012 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by wannaquilt1 (Post 5565631)
omg im so sorry that happened to you! what kind of machine do you have? does it have that auto sew button where you don't have to put your foot on the pedal? maybe that's what did it?

Nope, no auto sew button. :( I'll be taking apart my foot pedal, now, though, after all of the others suggested that that might be part of hte problem. I already removed the base of the sewing machine and cleaned a lot of lint from there.

Ps 150 10-08-2012 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ps 150 (Post 5559324)
It never fails. Each time I make a quilt for someone else, I bleed. Somehow, I bleed. Today, I was trying to grasp my bobbin thread after I had brought it to the top. Suddenly, my needle went down, back up, down again and then back up again, through my finger, nail and all! I had to slide my finger off of the needle. Worst part is, my foot wasn't on or near the foot pedal. My LQS says this happens sometimes when there's lint in the base of the machine.

So, now, I'm slightly nauseous, dizzy and lightheaded. Thankfully, DH was home from work today and came to the rescue with the first aid kit. My finger's pretty numb at the moment and bandaged to the hilt, so I'm just reclining and recuperating. And thankfully, there's no blood on the quilt.

Well, I finally got a hold of my doctor's nurse after playing phone tag on Friday. I'm going in tomorrow for a booster shot and the nurse is going to check the injury site. It looks a little black under the nail and they want to make sure it's cleaned out as well as can be.

Jo Anne B. 10-08-2012 07:56 AM

uuueeewww, ouch, did that when I was a kid, think thats why I have stayed away from sewing machines for decades.

DOTTYMO 10-09-2012 05:24 AM

I read this thread and thought hope I never do that. Started some quilting and , you've quessed I did the same thing. No blood on quilt though.