Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Home Memory Craft good buy or not? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-home-memory-craft-good-buy-not-t176018.html)

quiltlady1941 01-17-2012 03:38 PM

New Home Memory Craft good buy or not?

WooHoo... I found a New Home Memory craft 8000 for 20.00 at the resale shop in town...I just got it home and cleaned it up as it was really dirty looking and the case and the machine is kind of a yellow color, I think it was white at one time. It sew really well anyway the stright stitch...it is missing the hoop and the cards to do the embroidery with, but for 20.00 I thought if it sewed just regular stitches that would be good for the money..it does have a lot of feet so that is good just have to learn what they all are for....LOL

Does anyone have this machine that could tell me a little about it..it sure has a lot of buttons and dials on it...oh and no manual..so I am lost ...I'll look on the internet to see if I can find a manual...I'm not sure if it has a embroidery unit that goes on the machine or just the hoop that goes on the machine some way. Hope someone can help me on my find ...
do you think this was a good or bad find????..

also anyone know how old it is?? and boy is it heavy.........Thanks a bunch

deedum 01-17-2012 04:44 PM

Well you can't go wrong for that price, would just playing with, have fun with it!

quiltlady1941 01-17-2012 08:25 PM

Thanks I will have fun with it I am sure... I just wished someone had the same machine here and I could get some info on it from them ...seems like no one has this machine or havn't seen my post...Oh well I guess I'll try the internet again to see if I can find out anything about this machine... I did find a manual and sent for it so that will help a lot
Thanks

Candace 01-17-2012 08:48 PM

The embroidery feature is built in. I have the 9000 which shares the same embroidery cards and hoops as the 8000. So, all you need are hoops and embroidery cards. The cards can be purchased pretty inexpensively, but the hoops may cost you more than you paid for the machine. Cards run from $10-$50 on ebay and they used to be in the $100 range when they first came out. I love my 9000 and it has very similar features to the 8000.

quiltlady1941 01-17-2012 10:06 PM

Oh thank you so much Candace.... I'm happy to hear someone has this machine... or one like it... do you quilt with it and do you do FM quilting with this machine?

would you know where I could get a hoop for it and do you know what size hoop it takes... I was very excited about getting this machine, I guess if anyone looked at it they would have thought boy is that a dirty mess because it was...so sad to see machine get like that..but it did clean up pretty good.
I can not wait to get the manual that I ordered, that should help a lot..

do you know what the age is of this machine?

Gladys 01-17-2012 10:07 PM

Congratulations. Enjoy.

pippi65 01-17-2012 10:21 PM

I don't want to be the bad guy...not all the cards can be used on the 8ooo that the 9000 uses. Learned this a long time ago. I totally agree the 9000 is a great machine and I would never give it up. So be careful buying cards on ebay. Make sure they work on your machine before you bid on them. What a great find & price!!

Phyllis nm 01-17-2012 11:52 PM

I have a NH 6000, the board went out I only straight stitch on it now. It will not hold a consist zig-zig. I have 1000,000 stitches on it.<o:p></o:p>

carmanmarie 01-18-2012 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm (Post 4885874)
I have a NH 6000, the board went out I only straight stitch on it now. It will not hold a consist zig-zig. I have 1000,000 stitches on it.<o:p></o:p>

I bought my NH 6000 in 1986 and didn't know you could keep track of the stitches. It is a great machine. Can you tell me how to find that feature?

QM 01-18-2012 12:17 AM

Enjoy! Any functional machine at that price is a good buy. You should be able to get any info on it from the maker, Janome which changed their name a few years back.