Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-machine-t171343.html)

copyds 12-08-2011 05:49 AM

New machine

Does anyone own a Bernina 830 Limited Edition? What do you think of the machine? Is it worth the money? I like the thought of having the stitch regulator foot for free motion quilting. Also, you can get a needle punch accessory foot for this machne. Please let me know if anybody has one.

Candace 12-08-2011 12:27 PM

Lots of threads if you do a search here using the search feature. I have the 830 though I don't have the needle punch.

DogHouseMom 12-08-2011 01:55 PM

I don't have it, but you might also want to check out the newest Janome (I don't know the model number) as it is very similar to the Bernina 830LE in many ways - including price. Compare all the features of both, test drive them both, get prices and possibly special deals on each of them.

Both are gorgeous machines, I just can't justify 5 figures for a sewing machine - especially when I have 5 perfectly good machines at home!

Dolphyngyrl 12-08-2011 05:18 PM

For me you can get really good machines that do the same for less money, I don't think its worth the sticker price, for that price I would rather get a new car or a longarm. Plus you can get great FMQ stitches with machines as low as 500 dollars. I paid 1800 for my espire and it FMQ beautifully no stitch regulator.

Kas 12-08-2011 06:00 PM

The Bernina 630 has both the BSR and the felting foot available. I do not use or even like my stitch regulator.

Candace 12-08-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl (Post 4764069)
For me you can get really good machines that do the same for less money, I don't think its worth the sticker price, for that price I would rather get a new car or a longarm. Plus you can get great FMQ stitches with machines as low as 500 dollars. I paid 1800 for my espire and it FMQ beautifully no stitch regulator.

The 830 is also an embroidery machine, not just for FMQ. I think asking the question "is it worth the money" is a loaded question. You have people here who would never spend more than $100 on a sewing machine and think anything more is uneccessary or foolish. Only you can decide how you want to spend your own money.

Tartan 12-08-2011 08:58 PM

Do you have a LQS for support and lessons? Are you pretty good with computerized machines? They are great machines and do a lot of neat stuff but I'm computer challenged so too much machine for me. I have the 440 QE with BSR and I love it. Do you want to do awesome machine embroidery? The 830 does some really great embroidery.

Joset 12-09-2011 04:45 AM

the 830 bernia is a neat machine i tried it out
at the dealer. but couldnt afford it i setteled
for a 640 bernia and i really like it and it
has embroidery fancy enough for me and
all i would ever use

Jackie Spencer 12-09-2011 06:02 AM

I have a Bernina and I love it. I have the BSR foot and I love it. I do not regret buying it or the price I paid. I use the BSR
foot so much, I dont know what I would do without it!!

wolph33 12-09-2011 06:41 AM

I drool over that machine also-can not afford it tho