Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New To Me Treadle (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-me-treadle-t162314.html)

Tulip 10-22-2011 04:32 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Hope I am getting this in the right section (Vintage). Went to an estate sale and what should my eyes behold? A Franklin Treadle in great shape and sewing! It was the last day of the sale, I asked the gal if she had a key to the drawers of the cabinet, she looked and said no, would I take it for half price. GEEEZZZZ, well DUH! Said I to my DH, please go bring the car (Focus) up closer, I don't want it to get wet. I am calling her Frannie the Fantastic. Went to our Amish fabric store down the road and picked up a couple new belts. Can't stop smiling! Well worth the $60.00 I paid for her. She's a shuttle bobbin and came with extras plus the manual. Don't know how old she is, but she is not afraid to work!
Tulip

Frannie the Fantastic
[ATTACH=CONFIG]275284[/ATTACH]

stitchengramie 10-22-2011 04:37 AM

Your treadle sewing machine looks just like the one my grandma had. I had lots of fun learning how to sew on her treadle machine. Been trying to fine me one here in Michigan where I live.

Enjoy her. My grandma called her treadle machine "Ruby"

GrannieAnnie 10-22-2011 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tulip
Hope I am getting this in the right section (Vintage). Went to an estate sale and what should my eyes behold? A Franklin Treadle in great shape and sewing! It was the last day of the sale, I asked the gal if she had a key to the drawers of the cabinet, she looked and said no, would I take it for half price. GEEEZZZZ, well DUH! Said I to my DH, please go bring the car (Focus) up closer, I don't want it to get wet. I am calling her Frannie the Fantastic. Went to our Amish fabric store down the road and picked up a couple new belts. Can't stop smiling! Well worth the $60.00 I paid for her. She's a shuttle bobbin and came with extras plus the manual. Don't know how old she is, but she is not afraid to work!
Tulip

Great find. I'm curious about the front panel on the cabinet. Does it fold up, come off, what?

Tulip 10-22-2011 04:49 AM

When you open the top, Frannie raises on a pulley. The you swing the front panel toward the back of the machine and a wooden block holds her up and then treadle away!
Tulip

Tulip 10-22-2011 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by stitchengramie
Your treadle sewing machine looks just like the one my grandma had. I had lots of fun learning how to sew on her treadle machine. Been trying to fine me one here in Michigan where I live.

Enjoy her. My grandma called her treadle machine "Ruby"

What a great name! My mom who also learned on a treadle came over and gave her a try. Loved her.

Annaquilts 10-22-2011 04:52 AM

Congratulations! What a wonderful find. I am still learning to treadle. Keep us posted how your adventure goes.

LindaR 10-22-2011 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Tulip
Tulip

Great find. I'm curious about the front panel on the cabinet. Does it fold up, come off, what?

I was wondering the same thing...thought at first it was a door???

QuiltnNan 10-22-2011 05:30 AM

wonderful machine!!!

Charlee 10-22-2011 05:34 AM

What a beautiful machine, and SUPER price!! :) I'm so glad she's home with someone who will appreciate and use her!

The cabinets with the "skirts" that raise when the machine is raised are cool! :)

valleyquiltermo 10-22-2011 05:36 AM

WOW what a find, I love my treadles, one my Granny sewed on for 70 years she is not pretty but she sews so fine. The other one bought for $75.00, and I have a red eye head I need a cabinet for.