Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-sewing-room-t86734.html)

RugosaB 01-06-2011 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
As many of you know we moved from Iowa to Nebraska this past year. (Still moving stuff from shop!!LOL) In doing so I finally got a beautiful sewing room with lots of space. ( Or so I thought before everything started going in there!!) It is on the main level and Hubby is now in the basement in his Nebraska cave. The trouble is I think both of us are lonely. Our old rooms used to be across the hall from each other and we could actually talk to each other. (With the tv and cd player muted.) Now we have to go find one anther!! I'm wondering if I'm going to end up in the basement with him!! LOL.
Have a good 2011 everyone.

I'm so glad you posted that!
We live in an older home, built 1918, and after adding on and the kids becoming adults, we turned the attached living room and dining room into my sewing room, and 'his whatever' room. It just never seemed odd to us, we still like each other, after almost 30 yrs of marriage.

Glad we're not too alone in thinking we kind of like each other bring there. Besides, I can use the tv in his side of the room which I can see perfectly from my sewing chair

dakotamaid 01-06-2011 04:11 PM

RugosaB, yes we do still like each other after 35 years, guess he is a keeper!

featherweight 01-06-2011 04:46 PM

My DH an I still like each other, and it will be 50 years in June!!

Pins n' Ndls 01-06-2011 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
My DH an I still like each other, and it will be 50 years in June!!

We are probably close in age. We have been married 55 years this past October. Isn't it wonderful to still love each other after all that time. Wish the whole world could be the same way. DH is also my very best friend.

featherweight 01-06-2011 04:56 PM

I hear you... We are together almost all the time. When we were married I had just turned 17, Everyone said it would never last as we were way to young. Boy we showed them didn't we???

Pins n' Ndls 01-06-2011 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
I hear you... We are together almost all the time. When we were married I had just turned 17, Everyone said it would never last as we were way to young. Boy we showed them didn't we???

We sure did . I was just barely 19 when we tied the knot. My GGs and GGd's will never believe I could ever have been that young. LOL

deedum 01-07-2011 09:16 AM

My sewing room is upstairs, so I am up and down them a lot, or he is up and down them alot when I am in there. Most of the time he just yells up so I can come down to see what he wants. :( Not the best set up, but came with the house. If I was to move, I certainly would have my sewing room next to the tv room!
We were young when we got married and still love to spend time with each other, not every second though! I feel so lucky.

jdavis 01-17-2011 03:34 PM

How about an intercom?

QuicklyQuilting 01-17-2011 06:28 PM

When we got our front loading washer & dryer I set up my feather weight on the dryer and my medium sized cutting board on the washer. When I need to iron I put my large June Taylor ironing pad on top of the cutting board. Yes, I sew standing up, but my back doesn't get as stiff as it does form sitting. When my oldest son moved out most of my quilting stuff went into his old room, but I still like to do most of my piecing in the laundry room.