Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   a new slant on our hoard (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-slant-our-hoard-t40113.html)

mountain deb 03-20-2010 12:10 PM

I looked at my stash the other day, I think I disappeared from this life for several days, because my dh could not find me to cook his meals. Is it called hoarding or is a stash a pretty name for hoarding it all? Do the quilting police come in to remove some or most of our stash if we are hoarding it. If your fabric does disappear on occasion, I guess the quilting police (we can blame them) already confiscated some of your stash for evidence. OH MY!!!!!!!!!! lol

Jim's Gem 03-20-2010 12:24 PM

I was thinking of going out shopping at a couple of my LQS's today. However I was sitting here in my sewing room loaded with fabric and I thought about the "hoarding" thing. We had a discussion on "hoarding" at a Bible study a couple weeks ago and maybe I am feeling slightly convicted. DH even said that I could go to the LQS's if I wanted, I must be sick.
It will pass. I am sure.....

Ninnie 03-20-2010 12:30 PM

We have been talking about down sizing. I told DH I would love to have a smaller place now that all the kids are grown. He said "Well you would have to stop buying material first." :shock: :shock: Guess we will just stay in this large house :lol: :lol: :lol:

whinnytoo 03-20-2010 01:13 PM

I dont call it hoarding, its "collecting' !! and I do have quite a collection LOL

beckyw 03-20-2010 01:15 PM

I think we just need a fix just like any habit. I got the problem too.

craftiladi 03-20-2010 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by whinnytoo
I dont call it hoarding, its "collecting' !! and I do have quite a collection LOL

Thank-you! I tell my Honey that all the time....sooooo now when we walk in a QS he will ask what are we collecting this time lol.

Olivia's Grammy 03-20-2010 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by whinnytoo

Thank you, I was about to get a huge guilt complex about my fabric. I am a fabric collector with a whole bedroom for my collection.

whinnytoo 03-20-2010 01:23 PM

when I go to the quilt shop my hubby just groans LOL
today we went to a quilt show and it was like a marathon race going thru there with him in tow. 45 minutes flat and we were out. geeeeeeeeeeeez I barely got to see much of anything.

jljack 03-20-2010 02:44 PM

I am a lucky, lucky girl!!! My DH is a quilter, too, so when we got fabric shopping, I get to look as long as he wants to look, and sometimes that's as long as I want to look!! LOL We went to Road 2 CA, and he had as much fun as me!!!

Yes, I'm a lucky, lucky girl!!! ;-P

maryb119 03-20-2010 03:56 PM

I prefer to think of it a planning for retirement. When I am older and on a fixed income, look at all the fabric I will already have to keep me busy. I don't think of it as hording at all. My stash is clean and organized.