Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Years Resolution... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-years-resolution-t32827.html)

JJs 01-01-2010 12:19 PM

:roll: Unlike some people I am NOT out using coupons and gift certificates today.. :lol:

I went in my sewing room to pick out fabrics for a quilt (still doing some very simple stuff in EQ - yes I have patterns, but humor me LOL).... and I am flabbergasted at all the fabric I have in there :shock: way too much...
so my resolution is NO MORE FABRIC until I get some of the stuff in there used up - it's getting ridiculous - I had this plan to get my room "all set up" = fabric, backing, batting, etc - so if I wanted to go 'create' I could do so -
so now, I need to do that - and no more fabrics for awhile
(notice I am not saying no more at all - just for awhile)

amma 01-01-2010 12:22 PM

It's more fun to create a quilt in EQ than to look through a stash of patterns :wink:
That sounds like a fun and creative resolution :D:D:D

littlehud 01-01-2010 12:55 PM

Good New Years resolution. I wish I had your willpower.

Oklahoma Suzie 01-01-2010 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by JJs
:roll: Unlike some people I am NOT out using coupons and gift certificates today.. :lol:

I went in my sewing room to pick out fabrics for a quilt (still doing some very simple stuff in EQ - yes I have patterns, but humor me LOL).... and I am flabbergasted at all the fabric I have in there :shock: way too much...
so my resolution is NO MORE FABRIC until I get some of the stuff in there used up - it's getting ridiculous - I had this plan to get my room "all set up" = fabric, backing, batting, etc - so if I wanted to go 'create' I could do so -
so now, I need to do that - and no more fabrics for awhile
(notice I am not saying no more at all - just for awhile)

I agree with you, I have way too much fabric. So, I'm not buying any for awhile either.

MadQuilter 01-01-2010 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by JJs
so my resolution is NO MORE FABRIC until I get some of the stuff in there used up - it's getting ridiculous

Good luck with that. One word of advice, define what "SOME" means. I tried the same approach but left it open that I could add IF the current project ABSOLUTELY needed it or if I ran short of a color/pattern. I don't need to continue that story, do I?

Blue Bell 01-01-2010 03:15 PM

I went to a fabric sale today. I was good. I only bought some batting.
I needed the batting for 2 table runners that I am making with the tube quilting pattern.

sewnsewer2 01-01-2010 04:12 PM

I did that all year in 2009! Now since I'm down to just scraps, not even fat-sized, I get to buy fabric this year! LOL

thismomquilts 01-01-2010 05:42 PM

I,too, have vowed to not purchase any more fabric this year unless ABSOLUTELY necessary - and that necessity will only be for quilts I do for pay for other people - anything I want to do will have to be scrappy or with the yardages I have... now, with the scrappies I MAY have to buy some yardage for the tying together fabric but I do have lots of fabric with alot of yardage so hopefully I will not even have to do that very often...

Granny B 01-02-2010 01:56 PM

My New Years resolution is not to make any. I absolutely refuse to resolve to not buy any more fabric. That would kill all my fun.