Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Niagara region quilters out there? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/niagara-region-quilters-out-there-t210321.html)

pooky 01-08-2013 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen (Post 5770044)
The one in Niagara on the Canadian side is caled Patchwork Porch I believe. It's kind of in a residential area. I actually like it. It's small but the people are so nice. There are 2 shops on the US side, but I actually like the Canadian one better. I stop by when I trave from New Engand to MI.

Patchwork Porch has closed its doors

Handcraftsbyjen 01-08-2013 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by pooky (Post 5772615)
Patchwork Porch has closed its doors

That's too bad. I liked that shop. Thanks for letting me know.

pooky 01-09-2013 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen (Post 5772759)
That's too bad. I liked that shop. Thanks for letting me know.

We will all miss it & the owners , they were great people

AllTheLovely 01-09-2013 04:54 AM

I agree, QuiltE - Triangle Sewing in Guelph is wonderful. When I was trying to find a sewing machine, not knowing much about what was best or what I would need for my purposes (Sharon Okimi at U-Quilt-It was kind enough to take the time to give me tons of tips and make a list of must haves for me!), Triangle Sewing was the only place I called that took the time to answer my questions over the phone. I spent about an hour on the phone with Krista of Triangle Sewing and that convinced me! I made the drive out there, met up with her, and she found for me the best little second hand Janome as my starter machine. They carry a huge selection of machines and (new and used). Krista's Mom also works there (owner) and is wonderful as well. Good people.

QuiltE 01-09-2013 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by AllTheLovely (Post 5773109)
I agree, QuiltE - Triangle Sewing in Guelph is wonderful. When I was trying to find a sewing machine, not knowing much about what was best or what I would need for my purposes (Sharon Okimi at U-Quilt-It was kind enough to take the time to give me tons of tips and make a list of must haves for me!), Triangle Sewing was the only place I called that took the time to answer my questions over the phone. I spent about an hour on the phone with Krista of Triangle Sewing and that convinced me! I made the drive out there, met up with her, and she found for me the best little second hand Janome as my starter machine. They carry a huge selection of machines and (new and used). Krista's Mom also works there (owner) and is wonderful as well. Good people.

Glad you found them! ... and think so much of them.
Dad/Nick completes the family compliment!
I'm sure when you are ready for your next machine, you'll be back to Triangle.

I really like how they have the in-shop service ... and Rizza (sp?) the "mechanic" is right there in his room off the store. No working behind closed doors. If you have a problem with your machine, he's willing to sit down with you too. I've even seen him come upstairs in the middle of a class and work on someone's machine! Now that's service!!!

No, I don't work for them ... just really appreciate the gems that they are! :)

Brenda M 01-09-2013 01:46 PM

One more to the list is Seven Sisters in Norwich.

QuiltE 01-09-2013 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Brenda M (Post 5774375)
One more to the list is Seven Sisters in Norwich.

And ... are there really Seven Sisters? :)

AllTheLovely ... I was intro Triangle today for some more bobbins and told Krista we were talking about her ... and all the good things you'd said. She was thrilled!! :)

huntannette 01-10-2013 12:25 PM

Thy had some amazing Xmas fabric on sale at Fabricland.....buy one get three free....and it is great quality....I stocked up on it ....will be my turn to get placemats and table topper.....ready for my Xmas sewing for 2013 lol

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5771584)
Will look forward to your reporting in! :)
BTW ... I never found the focus fabric for the placemats/runner for the Christmas gift exchange.
Instead Fr♥sty evolved.
Still want to do them ... just need the right fabric!

QuiltE 01-10-2013 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette (Post 5776618)
Thy had some amazing Xmas fabric on sale at Fabricland.....buy one get three free....and it is great quality....I stocked up on it ....will be my turn to get placemats and table topper.....ready for my Xmas sewing for 2013 lol

And .................. The Barn??
Glad you got some good deals!

huntannette 01-10-2013 04:24 PM

thy do have a great assortement of fabrics.....and thy have a specials wall upstairs.....and lots of patterns.....I bought a bunch of quarter meters and a book for paper piecing.....love it .....oh and thy have a wonderful display of quilts.....

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5776623)
And .................. The Barn??
Glad you got some good deals!