Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Northcott Fabric? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/northcott-fabric-t196203.html)

Shelbie 07-30-2012 12:47 PM

Northcott is my favourite fabric. I can pick it out just by the feel. I've never yet been disappointed in any of their fabrics and buy it every chance I get.

SouthPStitches 07-30-2012 12:57 PM

Northcott makes great fabric, don't think you could go wrong.

jerilee 07-30-2012 01:40 PM

Nortcott has some wonderful fabric, I purchase it often.Tthey have beautiful prints and excellent quality. You will not be sorry for the purchase............

joyce888 07-30-2012 03:31 PM

Ive used many of Northcott's prints and find the fabric to be great quality.

eastermarie 07-31-2012 01:04 PM

I agree with "pinkcastle", I found the Stonehenge fabric easy to unravel. It did have beautiful colors and a very nice weight and smoothe silky finish.

burchquilts 07-31-2012 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Halfsquare (Post 5405724)
I got some fabric at an estate sale called "Northcott Silk". It is not silk but it is quilting cotton. This is the most amazing stuff! Really different from other fabrics. I will say that Maywood seems to be the heaviest and most reliable fabric - they just don't always have the prints I want. I've been folding up my quilting room so have had a chance to compare. Definitely Maywood is super high quality still - as some have gone down hill.

Another thing I have noticed is that the older Joann's or Cranston is really good quality fabric. As good as the brand names today. Some of the brands have gotten as thin as voile almost.

Waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day (when I first started quilting) Cranston was THE fabric to use. I have it in several of my quilts from back then & it's held up remarkably well!

burchquilts 07-31-2012 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by fien777 (Post 5406189)
The same feelings about the stonehenge here....but I've ordered already some new stonehenge for another quilt because I love it so much!!!!

I hear nothing but raves about Stonehenge! I've never used it but am on a waiting list to get a Jelly Roll (or whatever they call their strip sets) of it & I'm amped!!!

QuiltE 08-01-2012 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5409887)
I hear nothing but raves about Stonehenge! I've never used it but am on a waiting list to get a Jelly Roll (or whatever they call their strip sets) of it & I'm amped!!!

BurchQ ... I am in the Stonehenge Fan Club ... and have used it and strange enough it is also invading my stash! Honestly, I don't "get" this thing about it ravelling. Haven't had the problem while pre-washing (anymore than is normal and acceptable) nor when using it in a project. It's wonderful fabric JIMHO ... but who am I?

burchquilts 08-02-2012 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5410901)
BurchQ ... I am in the Stonehenge Fan Club ... and have used it and strange enough it is also invading my stash! Honestly, I don't "get" this thing about it ravelling. Haven't had the problem while pre-washing (anymore than is normal and acceptable) nor when using it in a project. It's wonderful fabric JIMHO ... but who am I?

Pictures of some of your Stonehenge quilts maybe? Please? Purty please?

Do you like being in their fan club? It sounds cool...

QuiltE 08-02-2012 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5412192)
Pictures of some of your Stonehenge quilts maybe? Please? Purty please?

Do you like being in their fan club? It sounds cool...

Oh dear no ... no "official" fan club, just was letting it be known I love the stuff.
So far no "official" quilt that's all or primarily Stonehenge. I just love using it. It's been a God-send for some blenders in the FWS/PC blocks as I love the different colours that come out in one piece, rather than a consistent colouring. When I was looking for "flesh" for Monty, I searched high and low and then finally went aha, what about Stonehenge? and sure enough, the best flesh simulation I could find! :)