Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Not my morning (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/not-my-morning-t21013.html)

Jamie 06-06-2009 05:09 AM

So I took some of the advice of some of the wonderful people on here, and no matter how bad I'm feeling right now I decided to do something productive...I have a baby quilt I started a few months back and I really wanna get it finished...so I got up early this morning to work on it..but even though i got up early( before 7 am ) all 4 of my kids were already awake, and fighting and acting up, so I made them breakfast and decided I would do my hair instead since I can't quilt with everyone acting up...that was when I realized that instead of buying shampoo and conditioner, I bought 2 shampoo's...okay ok, a little frustraiting, but maybe I can have hubby return one...So i'm thinking to myself I'm having a hard time lately, and really not myself...and I had already woken up head to toe in pain..for some odd reason... so determined to turn my day around, I decided to paint my nails, immediatly after 3 kids needed something, and there goes my freshly painted nails..and then several more events of this type all occured, there is more screaming and fighting and yet hubby sleeps through it all...what I'm getting at here, the moral of my story is, if there is something you want to do...don't let things deter you...I should have just put all the kids in there room...and done my quilting, then perhaps I wouldn't have had all the frustraitions I've been putting up with all morning lol

sewjoyce 06-06-2009 06:08 AM

Or you could send them all outside and tell them they can't come in (for anything) until you say so!! Of course, you might have to chain them to the clothesline.... :roll: :roll:

Tink's Mom 06-06-2009 06:10 AM

Hang in there! They will get a little older and won't need you as much...

Ninnie 06-06-2009 06:26 AM

When DH and I were married almost 20 years ago, I had 4 kids and he had 3. We each had custody, so we ended up with 7 kids at home! Five of them were in grade school, so you know our house was a mad house!!

We both worked full time in our store, 12 hrs days, and I did all the running with the kids also.

Some how we survived, all went on to college and now we have an empty house, just the 2 of us!

The time will go bye, and they will get older, and you will survive, even though there will be times when you won't think so.

What you really need is a little time for yourself.
Sit them down to watch a movie or a show, I know it's not a popular thing to let the TV baby sit, but sometimes you just have to have a little time to yourself!

I don't know their ages, but you can also break them up in pairs, to play a board game together. 2 is easier to control than 4!

Just some suggestions, but you need to find a way to have a little time for yourself, you are no good to anyone else if you don't take care of yourself, and there is nothing wrong with being selfish some times.

When you have had alone time, then you are more able to deal.

Good luck, and remember, This too shall Pass!!

:D

Ninnie

tlrnhi 06-06-2009 06:31 AM

I say....send them in to wake Dad up!

kapatt 06-06-2009 06:40 AM

I use to get up around 5:30 or 6:00 to have "time for myself". It really helped me out to not have anyone bothering me. Now my kids are grown and come home to visit. My husband is retired and around all of the time. I still get up early each morning to have time for myself. It is a wonderful part of the day.

Each person is different so you will have to find out what works for you.
What helped me with raising my kids was to have a schedule. I don't know the age of your kids so your schedule will be determined by their needs if they are really young.

My schedule was something like....my time from 5:30-7:00;
breakfast for the kids at 7:30. Have them dressed by 8:30.

Knowing that my kids were going to be fed by 7:30 helped me to tell them to stay in bed until 7:00 in the morning.

They had schedules in the evening too...
dinner at the same time; bath and story at the same time and early to bed when they were young.
As they got older, they were allowed to stay up later but evening was to be a calm time...not a busy time.

You do need time for yourself. You just have to make it while making sure that your children's needs are fulfilled at the same time.

Joan 06-06-2009 06:48 AM

It sounds like Dad needs to get up---SOON.....

Mom take the afternoon off and get out of the
house, leave Dad with the kids.....he can do
it..

(And, BTW, pat yourself on the back for even
thinking about quilting while raising 4 little kids...)

BellaBoo 06-06-2009 07:09 AM

I got the best advice when I was pregnant with my first child from a retired nanny. She said the child should never expect to be told twice to do or not do something especially from a parent. The little angels are of course perfect and cute but that does not excuse unruly behavior. If you don't demand respect for you and for the home life the kids will never learn how to show it.

molly4503 06-06-2009 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I say....send them in to wake Dad up!

LOL, good one!

Jamie, I just sent you a PM.....

borntoquilt 06-06-2009 07:25 AM

Sound like a GREAT time to go outside and take a LONG walk.... maybe to the mall for the day LOL!!! (yeah! more fabric!)
A friend of my parents used to put her 6 (the oldest was 7) kids outside @ 8 in the morning and not let them back in til lunch time...
She'd be in jail and the kids in foster care if she did that in this day and age...