Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   not sure where to post this (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/not-sure-where-post-t81842.html)

sahm4605 12-10-2010 05:36 AM

but as I was looking around this site I saw soooo many who are wanting to PIF to those who could use some Christmas cheer. And it got me thinking. But how hard would it be for admin to make a new section for Pay it Forward. I don't know where they would want to put it, but through the year there are many who pay it forward and there are lots who are doing it now. Why not have a specific section where people could go to check the pay it forwards? or a place dedicated for people to post their own pay it forwards? Just my two cents. Admin sorry if this makes your job harder or if this is totally not do able. I was just wondering if it could be done. I know that things like this go in the buy sell trade area, but why not have a dedicated sub section there? kinda like you have for the round robins and swaps? I t thought that I would just throw this idea out for people to mull over and see what admin has to say about it. Hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday season.

mommamac 12-10-2010 05:40 AM

I kind of like it the way it is - reading through the posts & being surprised by a PIF. It has the feel of little angels dropping by every so often.

raptureready 12-10-2010 07:12 AM

It can be done in the Buy and Sell section, that's also used for give aways.

luvTooQuilt 12-10-2010 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by mommamac
I kind of like it the way it is - reading through the posts & being surprised by a PIF. It has the feel of little angels dropping by every so often.

I like the 'surprise' factor too.. I really don't like the idea of 'going to' a generously donated gesture..

Candace 12-10-2010 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt

Originally Posted by mommamac

I like the 'surprise' factor too.. I really don't like the idea of 'going to' a generously donated gesture..

That, and if you have a designated area, it's likely to be frequented by people that are here ONLY for free stuff and aren't contributing to the board.

sgardner 12-10-2010 09:15 AM

I would think if it had it's own section that it would be visited by those always wanting a hand out, and then I think it would lose it's surprise factor. Call me a little pestimistic, but I fear that some who might enter these really have no intention of paying-it-forward, but really that's between them and God, or Karma, whomever you think guides these eternal matters of the heart.

sahm4605 12-10-2010 10:43 AM

it is sad that we have to think this way about people. but you guys are right about people just going to get free stuff. I hadn't thought of that. it is just soooo sad that people would take advantage of peoples kind hearts.

BellaBoo 12-10-2010 11:07 AM

I love the idea of PIF for this board but how to do I find the address of the person I want to send something to without them knowing?