Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Nurse Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/nurse-fabric-t138020.html)

MommaDorian 07-16-2011 07:44 AM

I'm looking for some tote bag fabric, for a nurse. She's a pediatric nurse, so she's hoping for something for the kids. Band aids, stethoscopes, animals, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Tippy 07-16-2011 07:56 AM

I have seen several "Nurse" type fabrics on the racks at WalMart lately.. some 45" and some even 60. you might try there if there is one near you with fabric.
I think I remember one with bandaids, crutches and such.

auntmag 07-16-2011 08:34 AM

I have seen the fabric mentioned below in Walmart and Hobby Lobby.

Originally Posted by Tippy
I have seen several "Nurse" type fabrics on the racks at WalMart lately.. some 45" and some even 60. you might try there if there is one near you with fabric.
I think I remember one with bandaids, crutches and such.

catrancher 07-16-2011 08:36 AM

Maybe you can find some old scrubs at a second-hand store too.

moonwork42029 07-16-2011 09:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
found these... what do you have to trade?

Got a yard of each I could work with you on :)

I really am still looking for tons of "I spy" type fabrics -- food types especially.

pretty sure it's cotton
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227244[/ATTACH]

Twill type -- think it's 60
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227245[/ATTACH]

QuiltnLady1 07-16-2011 09:32 AM

Let me check -- I may have something.

dunster 07-16-2011 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Loralie has produced several nurse fabrics, but some of them are hard to find now. You can search for them and see if any are available. Here is a picture of the squares from the "Nifty Nurses" panel. I made a quilt from them for my DDIL when she became an R.N. last year.

MommaDorian 07-16-2011 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029

I really am still looking for tons of "I spy" type fabrics -- food types especially.

I LOVE the first one. Even if my customer doesn't, I do. I'm not even a nurse. What kind of I spy stuff are you looking for? I've never done one, so I don't know what things to look for. Let me know, I'll look through my stuff!!!

moonwork42029 07-16-2011 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian

Originally Posted by moonwork42029

I LOVE the first one. Even if my customer doesn't, I do. I'm not even a nurse. What kind of I spy stuff are you looking for? I've never done one, so I don't know what things to look for. Let me know, I'll look through my stuff!!!

I spy is based on the kid's game of "I spy a _____ ____" and the other person has to try and guess what it is they see. With the quilts all the items are in the quilt to try and find. I have a lot of variety but very little of "food/candy" type items. I'm planning on using 5 - 6 " squares for at least 2 of these quilts so that's why I need a huge variety of items. I'll pm and we can coordinate if you wish.