Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OH MY GOSH...should I buy a new sewing machine????? ***PICS ADDED PAGE 5!!!*** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/oh-my-gosh-should-i-buy-new-sewing-machine-%2A%2A%2Apics-added-page-5-%2A%2A%2A-t10582.html)

Jim's Gem 09-02-2008 08:17 AM

Happy Birthday Mary, so glad you were able to get your machine!!! Congrats on getting a handle on your finances.

CissyQuilts 09-02-2008 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
Anyway, the Pfaff 1122 is being delivered today! I am so excited! I am having it delivered to my parents house as I always visit them on a Tuesday night, so we will all get to have a play with it tonight.

Once again, thanks for all the helpful advice, your comments really helped me balance things and think things through sensibly.

Mary :wink:

Congrats Mary! I'm glad you are getting your dream machine! Have fun with it. :D

PrettyKitty 09-02-2008 01:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, I just got home from my parents house, so here are some pics of my new machine, being inspected of course by the quality control officers (Kitchen and Satchmo. I think my excitement has rubbed off on them as they are currently chasing each other round, chasing the spools of thread that are on he floor (the machine came with free threads - LOADS of them, and a set of scissors nd a tape measure and some bobbins and some needles.

I have been munching away on my Wheat Thns and am saving the Cheetohs for a night in with a DVD later this week - THANKS KATHY!
Enjoy the pics, I am tired from all the excitement, am off to bed soon! I will be playing with my new machine tomorrow night when I am fresh!

Oooh, whats this then?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17441[/ATTACH]

Smells interesting...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17452[/ATTACH]

The box is open and inspection begins
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17454[/ATTACH]

PrettyKitty 09-02-2008 01:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
more pics

Goodie parcel from Kathy - things I love but cannot get in the UK.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17455[/ATTACH]

Oooh! New toys!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17458[/ATTACH]

Kitchen got so excited he had to climb on top of the door and peer down the hallway at me!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17459[/ATTACH]

PrettyKitty 09-02-2008 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Yaay! Bite size!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17460[/ATTACH]

mgshaw 09-02-2008 01:31 PM

That is just so awesome!!!!! So glad everything worked out for you!! Wish I could come play with you !!!!

Boston1954 09-02-2008 02:06 PM

I agree with Jim'sGem.

Your life will have less stress if you have a machine that works. If mine started to act up, I would probably be saying words a lady should not say.

Anne

Boston1954 09-02-2008 02:09 PM

Wow!! you had already done it before I told you to. Very smart. I LOVE all the thread. You are going to have great fun.

Anne

bearpaw 09-02-2008 02:10 PM

I am also glad that everything worked out ok and now you don't have to feel guilty about your new toy!!!! Enjoy it and Happy Birthday!!!

PS - Love the pics of the kitties! They are so cute!

Izy 09-02-2008 02:59 PM

How exciting for you....best birthday wishes for lots of fun times with your new machine....the cats look sooo interested :D

I didn't know you weren't British until you posted all the goodies....how do you like living in England?? :D