Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OK Girls I am reporting in about.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ok-girls-i-am-reporting-about-t8295.html)

Granny Cat 06-21-2008 09:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok Heres the picture of my paper pieces so far I sure do like this technic and I especially like the perfect points....

Paper Piecing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12936[/ATTACH]

Granny Cat 06-21-2008 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
heres the other one and my favorite the pink one was my first experiment one....

Lucky Patsy's 06-21-2008 11:01 AM

You go, girl! Looks great!

mgshaw 06-21-2008 11:03 AM

Great!! I like it!!

Butterflyspain 06-21-2008 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Granny Cat
the paper piecing class I finally took this morning and I have a great report ...I think this is my nitch for sure the lines don't have to be perfect and the points come out perfect...it is so easy and so fun to do...I definetly recommend a class if your able to take one because the whole thing makes sense to me now...well guess what I have planned this weekend.....paper piecing away...haha :D

Hi there, I did a class last Tuesday as well and loved it. It does give professional looking results, so when I came home I got on the computer and McCalls site have great paper piecing patterns, hundreds of them.
You will love the site.

Elle

Granny Cat 06-21-2008 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Originally Posted by Granny Cat
the paper piecing class I finally took this morning and I have a great report ...I think this is my nitch for sure the lines don't have to be perfect and the points come out perfect...it is so easy and so fun to do...I definetly recommend a class if your able to take one because the whole thing makes sense to me now...well guess what I have planned this weekend.....paper piecing away...haha :D

Hi there, I did a class last Tuesday as well and loved it. It does give professional looking results, so when I came home I got on the computer and McCalls site have great paper piecing patterns, hundreds of them.
You will love the site.

Elle

thanks for the tip I will go the site and check it out ...it takes me so little time to do a block it just amazes me a person could actyually get a project done quickly....I have Carol Doak's book 300 paper peiced quilt blocks it has so many cute designs in it it's the book we used in class.....this is definetly my fav. now...

sandpat 06-23-2008 06:11 AM

Oh, I'm with you, I love it! It is so much fun to do. I'm still learning, but just did hundreds of flying geese blocks (well...it seems like hundreds :roll: )..they all turned out perfect!

tlrnhi 06-23-2008 06:15 AM

Great job!

Marcia 06-23-2008 09:20 AM

I LOVE to paper piece and am so glad that you learned. It will give you very precise piecing and is SOOO easy when you know how. Opens another whole world of quilting :lol:

user3587 06-23-2008 09:26 AM

I too love paper piecing. I have several of Carol Doak's books. I posted awhile back that I was going to do a paper pieced pattern by Judy Niemeyer. Well I purchased the fabric on Sat. The ladies who own a quilt shop in Midwest City, Ok are terrific. I had to have a total of 16 different fabrics. They helped me select 16 different batik fabrics. I can't wait to get started. It takes a day or two to get the paper patterns cut and sorted in the right bags. Judy is very precise. If you take one step at a time and do exacting what she says, I see very little problems. Of course I'm sure I will find 2 or 3 (I know me). I have to have this finished before I pass on to the other side (hopefully from old old age). I told my DH I wanted this quilt draped in my coffin. This is all in fun so please don't anyone take this too seriously. I was told this is one paper piece project that you do a block or two at a time. Now if I could just get my working, paying job to give me more time off------fading out -------- back to realitity. Lunch break is over, got to get back to work.