Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OK Girls I am reporting in about.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ok-girls-i-am-reporting-about-t8295.html)

user3587 06-28-2008 03:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I thought I would show you a lap quilt I did with one of Carol Doak's paper piece patterns. I had fun making this. The blocks are her's but the layout of the quilt was mine.

Granny Cat 06-28-2008 04:08 PM

Hey Okie look at those perfect points...that is a beauty Thanks for sharing...that encourages me because I have about 10 blocks done to make a table runner and I wondered how I would assemble the thing...I absolutly love Carol Doak's patterns and her paper have you tried any of her paper?....it tears like a check just so smooth and it is so easy to sew over just really nice and not bad for the price...

user3587 06-28-2008 04:20 PM

Yes I have. I used it on this quilt. It's the only one I've used. I tried one that was transparent. Hated it.

blahel 06-28-2008 06:28 PM

Your quilt is beautiful Okie..i have been thinking of trying one of Carol Doaks patterns, so which pattern and or book did you get that pattern out of and was it hard as i am a newbie...

user3587 06-28-2008 07:12 PM

It's pattern #166 from her book 300 Paper-Pieced Quilt Blocks. It comes with a CD. I thought it was easy. At first it seems awkard but once you get a rhythm it goes pretty smooth. Her instructions are pretty easy to follow. Be sure to get the added quater inch ruler that is mentioned. It makes is alot easier. I don't see how you can do it accurately without it. I recommend this technique to anyone.

Granny Cat 06-28-2008 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by okie
It's pattern #166 from her book 300 Paper-Pieced Quilt Blocks. It comes with a CD. I thought it was easy. At first it seems awkard but once you get a rhythm it goes pretty smooth. Her instructions are pretty easy to follow. Be sure to get the added quater inch ruler that is mentioned. It makes is alot easier. I don't see how you can do it accurately without it. I recommend this technique to anyone.

that ruler is so cool I have to say I really enjoy quilting since I found paper piecing...it goes so smooth and comes out so good every time I never have to seem rip which was my specialty until now...lol

FancyFoot 06-28-2008 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by salisaquilter
I love paper pcing. Hard sometimes to find a complete pattern.
I have found them at Keepsake in New Hampshire.
I would like to share my last pc. not backed or quilted yet. thinking about how to finish.
It is called Wandering Stars and by Judy Niemeyer Quilting.
My sister told me she is very difficult and I almost did give up, but once I got ahold of the technique it was easy. I am a self taught pcer'
Hope you don't mind my sharing

Beautiful quilt :thumbup: :thumbup:
I love the colors
Paper piecing ROCKS!!!!