Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ok, going to buy one, but which one?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ok-going-buy-one-but-one-t159756.html)

kiffie2413 10-11-2011 04:31 PM

Hi again,
Well, after research and talking with dh, have decided to go ahead and buy an Accuquilt...now trying to decide between the Go and the Go Baby. I know the baby will not do over 6"...that really is not a problem. I mainly want it for strips and squares up to 6"..I think they both say they can cut the same amount of layers of some fabrics at one time.. My main question is if the baby will hold up? Thanks for all your input..
Regards,
Kif

purplemem 10-11-2011 04:44 PM

I managed to break my Go! by putting too many layers at one time. They have offered to fix it for $50 plus shipping.

If you think you will want to cut multiples go ahead and buy the Go! Wait another month and the price will drop for Christmas incentives. JoAnn had it last year for $199 Thanksgiving weekend.

0tis 10-11-2011 04:48 PM

I do not own either one - but I did see them both about a week ago - I was really surprised how small the Go Baby is - I think I would prefer the regular GO cutter - but that is my opinion...I am thinking about getting one also. Good luck.

carolaug 10-11-2011 04:51 PM

I would not get the baby...I have the Go and Studio and love both. I do not put alot of layer in my go only a few at a time.

jaciqltznok 10-11-2011 05:26 PM

check out the sizzix bigshot and bigshot PRO as well!

kiffie2413 10-11-2011 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
check out the sizzix bigshot and bigshot PRO as well!

Hi, I saw a prior post where you mentioned them, but when I look at them I can't get a sense that they will do fabric, and will they do 2 1/2" strips? Several places have some people who say that it won't work with fabric, don't try it... and some who say it is good for fabric?? I also saw where one may need a shim, but that is not a problem for me...just want to make sure it will do the fabric shapes I need...Thanks for the suggestion, and any other info you may have or can steer me to would be much appreciated!

Thanks to all of you for the info!
Kif

purplemem 10-11-2011 06:04 PM

Ok, I know for a fact the sizzix uses fabric with no problems. It is just a die cut machine, made just like the Accuquilt.

The problem I had was that I could not get the right shim configuration.

AFQSinc 10-11-2011 06:05 PM

I've been wondering about the Go cutter capabilities. Can it cut a patchwork shape? In other words, if I piece a block (out of crumbs, say) can I then use the go to cut a tumbler shape or some other shape? Or is it just for plain fabric?

Mitch's mom 10-11-2011 06:15 PM

DH couldn't figure out what to get me for my birthday so he snooped in my computer while I was at work and found all my bookmarks for Sizzix. He bought me the Westminster! I asked him how he decided which one to buy; he said he understood the purple one was for quilting and the blue one was for paper (They are both the same machine but use a different length tray) his logic works for me!

I haven't played with it yet. I have a quilt project I detest that I have to finish first. I'm using the temptation of using the Westminster as motivation to get the quilt done.

Mitch's mom 10-11-2011 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by AFQSinc
I've been wondering about the Go cutter capabilities. Can it cut a patchwork shape? In other words, if I piece a block (out of crumbs, say) can I then use the go to cut a tumbler shape or some other shape? Or is it just for plain fabric?

It should cut it with no problem. I don't believe I would cut more than 1 at a time as you'll be running into several layers of fabric with the seams if you cut more than one.