Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OK - I've been quilting for 4 years and I find out about this NOW???!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ok-ive-been-quilting-4-years-i-find-out-about-now-t10086.html)

nellie 08-11-2008 11:56 PM

they made it even easyer they have batting that if you steam iron the batting to the front and your backing like a sandwich it also sticks to your fabrics,instead of pinning or spraying

Butterflyspain 08-12-2008 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by nellie
they made it even easyer they have batting that if you steam iron the batting to the front and your backing like a sandwich it also sticks to your fabrics,instead of pinning or spraying

Nellie, now that is a good idea, however Spain is still in the dark ages when it comes to new things like that. However I could order that and they would have no excuse for not sending it cause its not pressurised like the cans are.

Thanks I am going to look for that, anything to stop all that basting UGH.

Elle

mamatobugboo 08-12-2008 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by nellie

nellie, can you forward some more information on that? I feel like a dunce on google just now, could get the search phrase right and pulled up nothing! :oops:

Izy 08-12-2008 07:18 AM

Elle - Just a thought following on about artists supply - my ex -hub was a textile designer and he used 'spray mount adhesive' alot for samples etc., I wonder if you can use that, as I bet you can get that at the Artists shop in Torre near the bus station....... :D

Quilting Aggi 08-12-2008 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Elle - Just a thought following on about artists supply - my ex -hub was a textile designer and he used 'spray mount adhesive' alot for samples etc., I wonder if you can use that, as I bet you can get that at the Artists shop in Torre near the bus station....... :D

I would be careful using sprays like that.. take a read of the document I posted here a few posts up. It talks about using different sprays and how they could discolour your quilt in years to come.

retrogirl02 08-12-2008 10:17 AM

I never learned pin basting, I'm a needle and thread kinda gal. I tried a spray from JoAnns for a toddler quilt to save time and it took longer to get the wrinkles out, I think. I did have a minkee project going and maybe that has something to do with it but I'm probably not going to use it on my next one. Pinning irritates me to no end LOL...so glad to see I'm not the only one.

nellie 08-12-2008 12:02 PM

here it is the batting is called mountain mist ,it,s a batting all you have to do is iron it down with steam ,know need for pining or making long stitches to sandwich your quilts again it,s called mountain mist has fuse on boths sides of batting it,s 100% cotton ,i used it, all you have to do is hold iron down with steam and you can also repositon if you make a boo and start again

Butterflyspain 08-12-2008 12:06 PM

Wowee Nellie, you have found the perfect product for me. Thank you so much.

Elle

nellie 08-12-2008 12:09 PM

your welcome elle hope you use it as much i do

Butterflyspain 08-12-2008 12:22 PM

With the help of a very nice lady here on the board, I have been directed to a wholesalers in France. Just contacted them and I will also see about this spray thingy. I am willing to try each and every method to see which is best. Think Nellie, your way would be less messy and I can see all sorts of problems while I spray my quilts with 3 dogs running around, one my little Rosie is very inquisitive and is liable to be quilted into the quilt

LOL :lol: :lol: She is a pain in the ...

Elle