Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Okay, this is probably a dumb question, but... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/okay-probably-dumb-question-but-t9108.html)

auntluc 07-16-2008 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
Yep, with the names they're giving these things folks will think that quilters like to eat too huh!! LOL I think I even saw one somewhere during the bunnyhop that was called a cinnamon roll. Ohhh and just so we're not thirsty when we quilt...there's one site that has lemonade packets too. LOL

now if they would name those packets salad greens, fruit cups, veggie trays or something along those lines.....i'd be more apt to buy them. then I could honestly tell DH I bought something healthy for us today.

barbsbus 07-16-2008 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by auntluc

Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
Yep, with the names they're giving these things folks will think that quilters like to eat too huh!! LOL I think I even saw one somewhere during the bunnyhop that was called a cinnamon roll. Ohhh and just so we're not thirsty when we quilt...there's one site that has lemonade packets too. LOL

now if they would name those packets salad greens, fruit cups, veggie trays or something along those lines.....i'd be more apt to buy them. then I could honestly tell DH I bought something healthy for us today.

Good One. LOL

minstrel 07-16-2008 09:52 AM

Thanks everyone for being so kind!! Now that I know there are books with patterns specifically for them, looks like I'll just HAVE to get one :wink: (and that layer cake I saw!)

CissyQuilts 07-16-2008 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by minstrel
Thanks everyone for being so kind!! Now that I know there are books with patterns specifically for them, looks like I'll just HAVE to get one :wink: (and that layer cake I saw!)

Spoken like a true quilter! :mrgreen:

Louise C 07-16-2008 01:29 PM

Excuse me but my question is even more dumbier: what are fat quarters etc and all those expressions? Being french-speaking (but I write, read and speak english), it is the first time I hear of this...

barbsbus 07-16-2008 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Louise C
Excuse me but my question is even more dumbier: what are fat quarters etc and all those expressions? Being french-speaking (but I write, read and speak english), it is the first time I hear of this...

It's a piece of material that is 18" X 22" , a quarter yard. Called a fat quarter because it is not 18" X 18".

nor'easter 07-16-2008 02:55 PM

I think you mean because it's not 9" by 44" (a regular quarter yard cut), barbsbus. It's still a quarter yard of fabric, Louise, it's just shorter and fatter so you are able to do more things with it.

If you ask me, all those jelly rolls, layer cakes, cinnamon rolls and noodles are what make FAT QUARTERS! :roll: :D

barbsbus 07-16-2008 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by nor'easter
I think you mean because it's not 9" by 44" (a regular quarter yard cut), barbsbus. It's still a quarter yard of fabric, Louise, it's just shorter and fatter so you are able to do more things with it.

If you ask me, all those jelly rolls, layer cakes, cinnamon rolls and noodles are what make FAT QUARTERS! :roll: :D

The fat quarters I purchase are 18" X 22". It is true 9" X 44" is a quarter yard but the quilt shops use the 18" X 22" for their fat quarters.

nor'easter 07-16-2008 03:24 PM

I will PM you.

barbsbus 07-16-2008 03:47 PM

If you ask me, all those jelly rolls, layer cakes, cinnamon rolls and noodles are what make FAT QUARTERS! :roll: :D [/quote]

LOL. :oops: Now I get it. Guess that is how I got all my FAT QUARTERS! :D

:D