Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Old Ads (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/old-ads-t146694.html)

dltaylor 08-21-2011 05:44 AM

When viewing the Classified for sale section, I wonder why they don't just drop off after? I find that some are as old as 2 years. Should we delete our pictures from these when they close?

dunster 08-21-2011 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by dltaylor
When viewing the Classified for sale section, I wonder why they don't just drop off after? I find that some are as old as 2 years. Should we delete our pictures from these when they close?

You are supposed to change the title to indicate "SOLD" or "CLOSED" if the item is no longer available for sale. You are not supposed to delete pictures from the board. Think of what fun quilt historians in the year 2500 will have looking at all our old stuff!

amma 08-21-2011 05:58 AM

You are not supposed to delete anything from the ads :D Just mark them closed :D:D:D

For some reason, the old ones will pop up from time to time... just like other topics do in other sections of the board :D

patricej 08-21-2011 06:00 AM

this is not intended to be a snippy response.

cross my heart, eyes, knees and toes. :lol:

why go that far back through the pages?

dunster 08-21-2011 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

Because they're there?
LOL

ptquilts 08-21-2011 06:04 AM

I think sometimes people use the "Search" function and an old post pops up. When you see the Search results there is no way to tell what date they were posted until you click on them.

dltaylor 08-21-2011 06:05 AM

for some reason, when I do a search some of the old ones come up and I was just wondering why?

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

dltaylor 08-21-2011 06:06 AM

yep...thats exactly what happens.

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I think sometimes people use the "Search" function and an old post pops up. When you see the Search results there is no way to tell what date they were posted until you click on them.

dunster 08-21-2011 06:07 AM

If you use the advanced search feature you can have the ads sorted so the newer ones show up on top.

dltaylor 08-21-2011 06:07 AM

Ok, how do you change the title?? Also I bet the Admins are gonna be mad at me because I have deleted pictures?! Boy I hope I did not mess up too bad.

Originally Posted by dunster

Originally Posted by dltaylor

You are supposed to change the title to indicate "SOLD" or "CLOSED" if the item is no longer available for sale. You are not supposed to delete pictures from the board. Think of what fun quilt historians in the year 2500 will have looking at all our old stuff!